Table of Contents Hide
- Why is Video Marketing Important for Businesses?
- How to get more Customers with Local Video Marketing?
- Tips for Local Video Marketing for Small Businesses
- Local Video Marketing Ideas
- Key Performance Indicators in Local Video Marketing
- Local video Marketing
- What are KPI’s?
- Types of KPIs
- Understanding KPIs
- Identification of key performance indicators
- Primary goal of your business
- Incorporation of KPI’s in your video
- Video views
- Video shares and clicks to sales landing page
- KPI metrics and tracking for online video marketing
- Average watch-through rates
- Completion rate
- Click through rates
It is a known fact that a video is a potent tool for digital marketing. Videos influence the buying decisions of prospective consumers. Demo videos are found to be very helpful by consumers. Every about Local Video Marketing is given here.
Consumers prefer watching the video about a product they are planning to buy than reading about it. There is a massive increase in internet usage and people are spending a lot of time online, and it is no wonder there is growth in demand for video.
Video marketing is especially very effective for small businesses. Digital Marketing can reach more engagement, But the focus should not be only on expansion. It should be on how effectively the businesses can reach the local audience who are not yet converted into customers but are living in the local geographic area.
Why is Video Marketing Important for Businesses?
There is a big advantage with marketing in the local community; personal relationships can develop with the consumers. Video marketing is essential to get an advantage over competitors.
Video allows getting noticed easily. The video is rising, and many social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter are available to marketing and promote the videos.
With a considerable re-packaging potential, videos can be used as an effective marketing campaign strategy. Video proved to increase traffic from search engine results.
The landing page click-through rate also improved with video marketing. For small businesses local video marketing helps to bring in new customers.
How to get more Customers with Local Video Marketing?
The success of local video marketing depends on how easy they are to find and how interesting they are to hold the attention of the audience. Creating the best video in the world is not enough, it is necessary that people know that it exists. For this to happen, you need to follow local SEO practices.
• Register in all the local business directories such as Google My Business or the Yellow Pages. This helps the business to get higher rank in the search page results.
• Fill and check the contact listing online and make sure that they are the same on all platforms so that the search engines do not get confused with the non-identical listing as separate businesses.
• Business contact information also must be consistent and include a local map for more effectiveness.
Tips for Local Video Marketing for Small Businesses
Small businesses must utilize the tools available on various platforms and place the local marketing videos in front of the audience.
• Facebook Ads are a great tool for small businesses for their video marketing efforts. Select the budget, choose the target audience to start the marketing. It even allows tracking the results. Facebook ads must have a clear call to action to visit the landing page.
• YouTube is another great advertising platform. It is possible to target the audience geographically with YouTube also. Different options that can use for YouTube marketing that include the pre-roll videos, suggested videos and promoted search.
• Being the second largest search platform, YouTube helps the businesses to achieve their marketing goals. Create a YouTube channel and post the videos consistently. Do not ignore building relationships with the audience.
• Transcribing the videos is another great way to make them more search engine friendly. Place the transcription in YouTube ‘about section’.
• Ensure that the title of the videos is relevant and attracts the audiences to click the video. Include keywords in the title. The titles should be pleasing both to the search engines and the people. To boost local SEO, place the brand name, location and other information in the title if possible.
• The description box of the video on YouTube can be utilized to provide the local business information. Google then takes these videos as backlinks that help in the organic search. Capture fresh leads by linking the videos to the landing pages.
• Set video location in YouTube videos. Provide our local business address.
Local Video Marketing Ideas
As we know, video increases the organic search engine result traffic, and landing page click-through rates are also improved. But how to create compelling video content for local business marketing to get new customers? Here is how you can do that?
• Create videos about historical or other interesting spots in the local area. Review hotels, restaurants and accommodations present in your geographical area. Create video travel guides.
• Create a separate playlist in the YouTube channel and feature the company events. Video opportunities for these are many, and they can be the celebration of the company anniversary or a picnic of employees, etc.
• Another great way to connect with local prospective customers is to cover the local events and post them in your social media platforms. Conferences or events are a great chance for small businesses to meet with potential business contacts. Discover the market events in your area and cover them.
• Show behind the scene videos to the audience. Let them have a sneak peek into what is happening in your company, office or at the company events. This helps add a personal touch to the videos.
Key Performance Indicators in Local Video Marketing
Video Marketing had already become the top priority to every marketer today. When comes to targeting the local audience, it is very important to know what are the key performance indicators that can target your objective and promotes success in reaching your local video marketing strategy. Let us discuss the key performance indicators for the local video marketing online.
Local video Marketing
• Local video marketing is nothing but targeting the demographics basing on location targeting.
• You can use the video targeting the location which comes under the local video marketing.
• Your video will be optimized for the location you are focusing on your business.
What are KPI’s?
• The key performance indicator is defined as the success indication factors to reach your business objective.
• Companies utilize the key performance indicators to know the multiple levels of key elements to evaluate the success.
• The High-level KPIs helps in the overall performance of your marketing strategy.
• The KPI can be defined based on the business objectives which include the desired outcome, influence, responsibilities, progress, etc.
Types of KPIs
There are two types of KPIs, such as internal KPIs and external KPIs.
The internal KPIs are used by your team members for measuring and optimizing of your online video marketing campaigns and their performance in the campaigns.
For example, the bounce rate is a good internal KPI which is used in the optimization of landing pages.
When comes to external KPIs, they impact hugely on business bottom line. It depends upon the Average order value, conversion rate, revenue per acquisition, task completion rates, etc.
• KPI is the valuable entity that most industries like to follow. But what industries and organization are doing is they are just following the KPI which are adopted in their field without overlooking the circumstances.
• As a result, the majority of businesses feel that their KPI are weak and need to develop a new strategy.
• To develop a plan for implementation of the KPIs, you need to understand the basics and objectives of your business.
• Assessing your KPIs by evaluation and reevaluation which is very relevant to your business.
• The value of KPIs is based on the value you have given in your strategy.
Identification of key performance indicators
KPIs are different from the marketing technique you are using to promote your business. Views, impressions, unique users, awareness and ad recalls playing an important role if you are using the video in your business objective.
Primary goal of your business
To identify the key performance indicators, you need to understand your marketing goal and the main purpose of your business marketing.
You need to identify your targeted audience during the campaign launch with a proper goal.
Recheck your overall strategy, and you can find some things that are responsible for the generation of leads or can generate better revenue. These rechecks are very important to find the best key performance indicators in your strategy.
Go beyond your strategic plan and research the top strategies
Yes, this is the perfect plan to identify the best KPI for your videos. Research the top strategies of other businesses and find the best key performance indicators that are responsible for the success of particular video marketing business.
Incorporation of KPI’s in your video
Choose the best KPI that can directly relate your business. Any metric or measurement that has n ability to direct the cash flow or conversion rate in the best way can be used as a KPI for your online video marketing.
For example, if you sell the display banner ad space on your site, then the main source of your revenue is from the ‘page views.’ It is one of the key performance indicators for your business.
Correlate with the revenue by improving the linear relationship between the income and the KPIs. The KPI can increase and decreases based on the revenue and the conversion rate.
Incorporate the right KPIs in your marketing strategy. When comes to video several types of measures or metrics can suggest you better while incorporating the KPI in online video marketing.
Video views are one of the KPI of your online video marketing. If you can increase and improve the number of video views, you can get good engagement levels as well as a sales promotion.
Video shares and clicks to sales landing page
Video shares and clicks play as an important KPI among all other KPIs in online video marketing. increasing the number of clicks on your buying pages can increase the revenue source of your business. So it can be considered as the biggest KPI in online video marketing. KPIs are basing on brand exposure. That means the most successful video qualities that deliver the best impression on the viewer.
KPI metrics and tracking for online video marketing
Average watch-through rates
This KPI metric captures the watch time of your video viewers which revealed the time spent on your video content and how people are consuming the content. The average watch-through can be very helpful to ensure your message can be delivered to the targeted audience.
The completion rate is defined as the percentage of total viewers who ultimately watched your video. This metric is very helpful to progress the company’s conversion funnel. The completion rate is the sign of audience enjoying your video.
Click through rates
Click through rates are another video metric for your video marketing. The kit can also act as a best KPI in your strategy. The total clicks at the end of the day can be calculated. The click through rate is the strong indication that can connect the right audience.
Follow this guide to include the best KPIs in your marketing strategy.
Image Source: Maxpixel
To make the local video marketing more effective, small businesses must optimize by video content for mobiles. Location name can be added in the video description of YouTube and can be used as hashtags in Twitters. Do the keyword search and choose the ones with which you can target the audience with video campaign.