You heard that video consumption is huge in Germany? It’s true, according to a new study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau. The IAB found that Germans watch as much as 5 hours of online video per week. And at least 75% of this time is spent watching videos on YouTube and other social media sites. What does it mean for you? If you’re a marketer or advertiser, it means that there are huge opportunities for your brand to reach German consumers who spend all day every day consuming digital video content.
The internet is constantly changing and evolving, but what’s the most popular thing people watch online? A new report from Ooyala reveals that Germans spend more time on YouTube than any other website, and they watch more videos there than anywhere else. One-third of Germany’s population watches YouTube every day. Read about these exciting statistics in this blog post!
We are going to show you some interesting stats about the consumption of online video in Germany. The average person spends almost 3 hours a day watching videos on their phone, computer or tablet. This is more than any other country on Earth and is 50% more than the worldwide average! Additionally, Germans spend an hour less time per day reading newspapers compared to just 10 years ago.
What does this mean for marketers? It means that video content may be your most valuable marketing tool since it’s so popular with German consumers!
The online video consumption statistics for Germany are an exciting read. A large percentage of Germans enjoy watching videos on YouTube, with a whopping 82% of respondents saying they use YouTube for entertainment purposes. Furthermore, regarding the amount of time spent viewing videos, German consumers rank second in Europe and fourth Globally! And this doesn’t even take into account all the other platforms such as Vimeo or Dailymotion that Germans also use to watch videos.
It is estimated that there will be 4 billion videos watched online per day in 2020, and this number is expected to grow exponentially over time. One country that has a large share of video consumption in Germany, with an average individual watching 2 hours and 18 minutes of video every single day! This blog post examines what people watch online and how it changes depending on their age bracket.
The Video Consumption Statistics in Germany was changing day by day across the globe and here is a short look on video usage and viewing rate in Germany.
1. Short video content is most watchable in Germany.
2. More than 80 percent of respondent are watching YouTube videos at least twice a week.
3. 75 percent viewers revealed that they are watching the videos to gain some information.
4. 50 percent people in Germany are watching YouTube videos for fun.
5. 44 percent Germans are watching YouTube video to relax.
6. 51 percent viewers are watching videos by chance during a search on the internet.
7. More than 41 percent viewers are watching video content during reading an article online.
8. 8 percent of viewers are discovered the video content during advertising.
9. According to the survey reports, more than 35 percent viewers are watching the video every day.
10. According to 2016 reports, it is revealed that Germans are watching more than 15 minutes of YouTube videos daily.
11. According to the recent research reports, it is revealed that more than 45 million unique viewers are noticing at an average.
12. Germany was in top five places in online video viewing.
13. Viewers in Germany are watching video content at least 188 videos at an average.
14. An average viewer is watching at least 19 hours of video per month.
15. More than 45 million German users had watched online video in one month.
16. Video watch time had increased gradually in Germany comparing to previous year reports.
17. Machinima is the top German video channel which has more than 4.3 million views from Germany itself.
18. Video gaming channels are the most popular one in Germany as they love watching videos related to the video games.
19. More than10k unique video viewers are noticed daily on the Facebook platform.
20. More than 90 percent of people are using multiple devices to watch videos.
Online Video Consumption in Germany
- The most popular type of content was TV series
- YouTube is by far the most popular platform for viewing online videos in Germany
- Germans are watching more than 8 billion hours of video on their smartphones every month
- In Germany, the most extensive online video platform is YouTube
- The average German spends just over an hour a day watching online videos
- Germans watch a lot of TV shows and movies on their computers or smartphones
- For those who prefer to watch in HD, Netflix is popular because it has fewer ads than other platforms
- YouTube is the most popular platform for Germans, with 51% of them watching videos on it every week
- Facebook and Netflix are also popular platforms, with a large percentage (30%) of Germans watching videos on each site at least once per month
- YouTube is the most popular video site in Germany, with a market share of 81%
- Facebook and Instagram are also popular video sites for Germans, with shares of 34% and 24%, respectively
- The average German spends around 4 hours per week watching videos on these platforms
- The average German watches 3 hours of video per day
- 60% of Germans watch YouTube videos on their mobile devices every day
Therefore, these are some interesting statistical data of Germany in online video usage and marketing.
The popularity of online video has grown, and marketers need to stay on top of these trends. If you’re looking for a way to do so, take advantage of our free ebook with all the latest insights into how people consume videos today!
Germany’s online video consumption statistics show how important it is to produce and publish videos on your website.
The online video market is expected to grow substantially in the next few years. With a projected $17 billion revenue increase by 2020, it’s no wonder that major sites like Facebook and YouTube are investing more money into video content production. So why should you care? Well, for starters, your customers do! As we’ve seen with these statistics from Germany, people simply prefer watching videos on their mobile devices over reading text-based articles or scrolling through social media feeds as they look up everything from recipes to how-to instructions. If you’re not already incorporating this trend into your marketing strategy today, now may be the time to start thinking about what kind of impact an increased focus on online video could have on your business down the line.
In Germany, more than half of the population (51%) watch video content online. The most popular platforms for viewing are YouTube and Facebook – both with a 26% market share in German-speaking countries. Suppose you’re looking to reach a wide audience on social media or other digital channels. In that case, it might be worth considering investing your time into these two proven players rather than trying to compete with all the smaller niche sites that exist out there. With this valuable insight about how people’s brains work when they see videos online, we hope you feel empowered to make better decisions about where and how you invest marketing dollars, as well as what strategies will resonate best with your customers!