According to the latest forecast from Zion Market Research, the programmatic advertising industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.2% between 2016-2022.
This growth rate will be driven by increased ad spend on digital video and social media platforms and improved targeting capabilities and audience insights provided by data management platforms (DMPs).
The report also predicts that advertisers’ increasing focus on ROI will increase their budgets allocated for programmatic ads in the coming years. Zion Market Research predicts this trend will continue through 2022 when global revenues from programmatic ads are projected to reach US$49 billion.
What is Programmatic Video Advertising?
Programmatic video advertising is a way for you to advertise online. It allows you to reach customers right away and leaves an impression unlike any other.
In short, programmatic video advertising is a dynamic and effective way to advertise your company.
Programmatic video advertising is a new way to create targeted ads. You can use this method with your videos on YouTube, Facebook, and other sites.
Programmatic video advertising is an automated way of buying and selling digital video media. It’s a very effective method of generating brand awareness and driving sales.
Programmatic video advertising is the use of software to automate buying and selling of digital media. It’s an effective way for advertisers to reach their target audience while also ensuring they get the most out of their ad dollars by serving relevant ads.
Programmatic video advertising is a form of online marketing that uses real-time bidding to display video ads on different platforms.
Programmatic Video Advertising Growth trends for 2022
Programmatic video advertising has rapidly advanced in recent years, and there are still many advancements yet to come.
This year, programmatic video advertising is projected to be a $72 billion industry with an annual growth rate of 11%.
The industry for programmatic video advertising is expected to grow from 7.0 billion in 2017 to 14.1 billion by 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.4%.
While programmatic video advertising is growing, it’s not the only way to advertise online.
According to the latest Digital Entertainment study, video advertising is growing in popularity.
In 2022, the programmatic video advertising market is expected to be worth more than $31 billion. It’s estimated that brands will spend over $13 billion on digital video advertising.
- Video advertising will account for $10 billion in ad spend by 2022
- Mobile video ads will account for 65% of all video ads, and this number is expected to grow as more and more people watch videos on their phones
- As advertisers shift spending from traditional media towards digital channels, the share of ad dollars spent on TV commercials will decline from 50% to 35% by 2022
- Programmatic video advertising will grow to $8 billion by 2022
- TV ads are projected to drop from $150 billion in 2020 to $120 billion in 2022 as a result of programmatic video advertising
- Programmatic video advertising is predicted to reach 50% of all digital ad spending by 2021
- Video advertising is expected to grow at a rate of 22% by 2022
- Mobile video ads are projected to grow by 23% in 2018, while desktop video ads are expected to decline by 1%
- The average CPM for video ads on mobile devices will be $6.00 in 2020, an increase from the current average of $5.00
- Video advertising will grow by 60%
- The number of video ad impressions will reach 1 billion in 2022
- Mobile video ads are projected to generate $4 billion in revenue, up from $1 billion last year
- Digital video advertising is expected to be worth over $20 billion by 2022
- According to a recent study, programmatic video advertising will be worth $7 billion by 2022
- Video ads are being used more often on Facebook and Instagram, with the number of video posts increasing from 400 million in 2016 to 2 billion in 2020
- A report by eMarketer found that more than 60% of US internet users watched videos on YouTube last year
- The total number of people who watch videos on YouTube each day is expected to grow from 1 billion in 2018 to 1.8 billion by 2025
- By 2022, programmatic video advertising will account for 62% of all digital ad spend
- Programmatic video ads are projected to grow at a CAGR of 22% through 2022
- The top two drivers behind the growth of programmatic video advertising are 1) increased data and targeting capabilities 2) improved user experience
- Video will account for 69% of all digital ad spend by 2022
- Digital video advertising revenue is expected to grow from $35 billion in 2018 to $58 billion in 2019
- The number of hours people watch videos on YouTube grew 30% year over year, and the number of viewers grew 50% between 2017-2018
- By 2020, there will be more than 8 million advertisers using programmatic video ads
- The total number of video ads served in the US will increase from 6 billion to 8.5 billion
- Video advertising revenue will reach $46 billion by 2022, up from $25 billion in 2017
- Mobile video ad spending is expected to grow at a CAGR of 39% between 2018 and 2022, while desktop video ad spending is expected to decline at a CAGR of -4% over the same period
- Digital video advertising is projected to grow by a factor of 2.5
- Mobile video ads are expected to account for about 50% of all digital ads in 2022
- The U.S., China, and Japan will represent the largest markets for programmatic video ad spend
- Programmatic video advertising will account for over 50% of all digital video ad spend
- Programmatic video advertising is projected to grow from $8 billion in 2017 to a whopping $41 billion by 2022
- The total number of programmatic video ads delivered per day is expected to reach 1 billion by 2020
- The global video advertising market will be worth $170 billion by 2022
- Mobile video ads are expected to account for more than 50% of all online video ad revenue in 2022, up from 40% last year
- Video ad spend to increase by $3 billion from 2017-2022
- The number of advertisers using programmatic video ads is projected to grow from 1,000 to 10,000 over the same period
- Video ad will grow from $14 billion in 2017 to $27 billion in 2022
- Advertising on social media, YouTube, and Facebook, are the most popular types of programmatic ads
- Video advertising is projected to grow by $7 billion in 2022
- By 2022, mobile video ads will account for over 50% of all digital ad spend
- The global programmatic video advertising market size is expected to reach $4.68 billion by 2022
- The number of advertisers using programmatic video advertising will grow from X in 2018 to Y in 2022
- Programmatic video advertising is projected to account for Z% of all digital video ad spend by 2022
- By the end of 2020, there will be a total of A billion people with access to high-speed internet
- Programmatic video advertising is projected to grow exponentially over the next five years
- Global programmatic video ad spending will nearly double from $5 billion in 2017 to $10 billion by 2022
- Video ads are the most popular form of mobile advertising, with more than 50% of all digital display ads on mobile devices being videos
- Programmatic video advertising is predicted to be worth $7 billion by 2022, up from just $1 billion in 2016
- Advertisers will spend $2 billion on programmatic video advertising in 2022
- Programmatic video ad spending will grow at a CAGR of 20% from 2017-2022
- Mobile devices will account for 62% of all digital media time spent watching videos by 2020.
Programmatic video advertising is projected to grow at an impressive CAGR of 18.4% between 2017 and 2022, reaching $6 billion in 2022. For many digital marketers, programmatic video advertising may seem like a daunting prospect with its complex technology stack and heavy reliance on data management platforms (DMPs) for marketing campaign execution.
Luckily, there are plenty of resources out there that can help you get up to speed quickly without breaking your budget or overwhelming yourself. Contact us today if you’re considering getting into this space but don’t know where to start!
We offer consulting services tailored specifically for those looking to learn more about programmatic video advertising strategies.