Verizon needs no introduction. It is one of the largest corporations in the US, ranked 13 among Fortune 500 companies. Verizon challenges other famous names in related fields like AT&T, AOL, etc. Verizon went on record to roll out the 5G radio services – the first of its kind worldwide. The company has been able to implement its diversification plans for apparent reasons. One of its latest deliveries is the Verizon Go90.
What is Go90:
It is an app and website that allows users to do a lot more in the field of entertainment. The user can view videos, live events, etc. At the same time, the user can create, save, and share video clips and prepare & finalize his profile (with an option to upload photos) to enable other Go90 users to view the same.
Initially, Verizon planned to debut Go90 as a subscription service. However, it had to settle on a streamlined advertising-based model. Presently offered in the US, Verizon Go90 is open for all consumers (not necessarily subscribers of Verizon).In its ambition to become another Facebook or Google, Verizon has steadily moved in this direction.
Despite the heavy hype about Go90, the company realized its success was not aligned with expectations. However, Verizon is quite hopeful that the project will yield the expected success, and the company is ready to pursue it till it attains the desired success.
Taking stock of the happenings on Go90, it is time to understand why this will be the next big thing.
1) The primary targeted audience of Go90 is young people. Since the set of the population is around 14% in the US. Given its enormous size, the channel Go90 is still sure.
2) Verizon is offering the app on any carrier. Subscribers of all pages can download and use the Go90 app. This offer from Verizon will go a long way in attracting more and more subscribers to this channel.
3) The app is well-designed with intuitive functionality. The users’ reviews during a trial run indicate that the channel can go a long way in the desired direction.
4) Go90 has a social component. As many social media subscribers will also become subscribers to this channel, they can “cut” and share the content of Go90 with their circles on social media, thereby increasing the acceptability of Go90.
5) The promise of good content will boost the image of Go90. The channel will deal with 15 of the 30 most-watched cable networks. It also plans to deliver more than 900 live sports events annually. It will be a powerful weapon for Go90 to win the market.
6) Verizon is planning to offer local NFL games on the Go90 app to attract more customers from this segment.
7) Verizon’s offer of ‘content on demand’ is a novel concept that will attract more customers over time.
8) Streaming live news is another plus point for Go90. The average smartphone user spends most of his time watching the live news. Verizon can cash on this aspect as well.
9) Widescreen video viewing (meaning of Go90) is the newest concept that Verizon is coining.
10) “Crews” is another novel idea by Go90.
Even though Verizon has an edge over the competition, it is still far behind it in some areas. Given the above, we can safely conclude that Verizon’s Go90 can be the next big thing.