Video donation cards are the new type of cards that were introduced by YouTube in 2016. Donation cards allow for raising money for charities. These are also helpful in engaging members and supporters to help a cause. Google pays the processing fee for credit cards.
Steps to Add YouTube Donation Card to Videos
Choose or upload the video from the YouTube account. Click the card icon and then click the ‘Add card’ button. You must choose the ‘Donation’ option and click the Create option.
In step two, select the 501(c)(3) nonprofit you want to feature in your video. The nonprofit can be where you are a volunteer, a board member, or your own. Name the donation card. Enter the teaser text. Set the time by sliding the indicator along the timeline. Finally, save the changes. When the video is played, the teaser text will pop up for a few seconds at the set time. The YouTubers can choose any US IRS-validated 501(c) 3 public nonprofit organizations. Hundred percent of the donation money is received by them, according to YouTube.
Video Donation Cards for Fund Raising Benefits
YouTube video donation cards are an essential feature for nonprofits. Here are the benefits of using it.
• Engaging the audience for fundraising.
• Encouraging the other YouTubers to promote the nonprofit by adding donation cards to their videos.
• Engage the supporters and others to donate to the nonprofit.
• YouTube donation cards are designed to operate smoothly on mobiles, unlike the other clickable overlays that do not appear on mobile.
• Adding video donation cards to your YouTube videos is very simple.
• Network for Good sends receipts to donors.
• Google pays the processing fee for the credit cards of those who donate so that the nonprofits will receive a hundred percent of the money donated.
Tips for using video donation cards
• Let the video cards be on the right side of the video and do not cover the content.
• Choose the most popular videos on your channel and add donation cards.
• The video should be of high quality.
• Ensure that your community knows that you are using video donation cards.
• Direct the people to a reference where they can see how simple it is to add video donation cards to their videos.
• If other members of nonprofits, donors, and others have a strong following on YouTube, request them to add YouTube donation cards to the videos.
• Only people based in US and UL can add donation cards to their videos.
• People from several countries can donate using the cards.
• The amount raised by a video donation card can be seen in YouTube Analytics or cards editor.
Using YouTube video donation cards, the goal is to bring in more donations for the nonprofit. Identify your audience and supporters. Promote the video to them and encourage them to complete the donation form.
YouTube creators can create content that entertains the audience and inspires and educates them. The videos can help in fundraising for nonprofits. Nonprofits also can request popular YouTube creators to add their nonprofit to the video donation cards. All nonprofits enrolled in the YouTube program have donated buttons on their YouTube channel. A video donation card is an additional option for creators to help charities. The donor’s contact information will not be received by either YouTube or the nonprofit.