Table of Contents Hide
- 10 Live Video Streaming Trends That Will Dominate Market Soon
- Top 10 Live Video Streaming Apps for Mobile
- Best Way to Implement Cloud-based Live Video Streaming
- Pay-Per-View Live Video Streaming
- Global Online Live Video Streaming Statistics 2021 [Study]
10 Live Video Streaming Trends That Will Dominate Market Soon
What is the most popular video format on the web in recent times?
It is live video streaming, continuing to evolve quickly. People are watching more and more videos on the internet, and many new platforms, technologies, and video production trends are changing. Let us now talk about the recent trends in live Video streaming for 2017. It is good to discuss the latest trends, as these can be considered when planning a live video strategy.
Live video streaming will expand further on social media and other media platforms. It is now easy to livestream, and anyone can adopt it.
Facebook announced that live Video would be ranked higher in News Feeds than other types of video content.
More publishers and viewers will get involved because of the interactive nature of this format.
Video-on-demand and live video streaming are going to continue to attract huge viewership. We have been watching these trends for some time now, and TV subscriptions are declining with more people watching internet videos.
More users now have access to the internet and high-speed 4G networks, increasing the number of users watching live videos online daily.
Studies revealed that video ads attached to live streaming have a high click-through rate, and brands will take advantage of this.
Tablets and smartphones have become the primary internet devices. A Large number of internet traffic is coming from these devices. Live video viewing is also getting views from mobiles. Live Video is going to increase mobile ad spending.
Social media live streaming is getting more support. New platforms like DaCast are hosting them and offering them to embed on social platforms, which are also mobile-compatible.
Though HD content dominates the web now, 4K video will likely take over.
High-end, lower-end, and small-scale producers will offer better content depending on the sources available and take the live streaming to move towards the split market.
OTT Platforms Rising
Live Streaming Still Social Media’s Best Friend
Mobile is playing a pivotal role in live-streaming
Extended Enterprise Business Applications for Live Streaming
Fragmentation of OTT Video Content
IoT Video Streaming
Significant changes are expected in live Video streaming trends in 2017 as the technology is adopted on the full scale. Live streaming video will be a winning media platform in the coming years.
Top 10 Live Video Streaming Apps for Mobile
Mobile phones are now everywhere. We can see people looking at their mobile phone screens and tapping away at them. People are using their mobile phones to live stream the events. There is no need to have a camcorder to live telecast something we see. Mobile apps are available for everything, and there are also apps for live video streaming.
It is said that smartphone users will increase to 6.1 billion globally in the coming two to three years. That means seventy percent of the human population will use smartphones. There are live Video streaming apps available for free.
1. Hang W/, Apart from Video live streaming, this is the best platfrom for social media networks. Some customized features are Video sharing, Video lives streaming, broadcast chat controls, privacy, and video broadcasting.
2. Stream. Am is another live video mobile app available for Android and iOS devices.
3. Periscope is a viral live video streaming app that is easy to use. Video streams can be recorded and replayed later.
4. Bambuser is a relatively older app for live Video.
5. Livestream is another live video broadcast app, and a premium membership is needed to create professional broadcasting streams.
6. Facebook Live allows broadcasting live Video directly from the mobile app. Schedule your live videos so that your audience can join.
7. Instagram is another popular app for mobile live Video. There is no way the live videos can be replayed after the stream.
8. Kanvas is another popular live streaming app for mobile and offers visual effects, stickers, drawing tools, etc.
9. YouNow is another app using which live Video can be shared on any social network
10. Streamago is the choice for those who allow going live with only a few friends. The streams can be shared on various social networks.
Live streaming video on the mobile phone is the most significant trend now. With high-speed internet and mobile phones with HD cameras available easily, this is the best time to broadcast live streaming.
Best Way to Implement Cloud-based Live Video Streaming
Now that the Cloud is seen as the ultimate source for many activities (mainly on IoT data), the same is holding suitable even for live video streaming. Once we talk about the Cloud (for storing, retrieving, analyzing, and viewing data), it is quite natural that there is a protocol to be followed. The protocol can be termed as the set of rules for putting/accessing data in the Cloud.
Many protocols are presently being used for the Cloud to live video stream. Some include RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol), RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol), etc. The RTSP is designed for use in entertainment & communication systems to control streaming media servers. RTSP, while delivering real-time streaming, also allows control of playback. RTMP provides an opportunity to reconnect (in the case of connection loss during file loss).
The best features that are required for implementation include the following:
• Scalability: There should be no 1 to 1 connection between server and client.
• HTTP support as most networks support.
• Minimization of network bandwidth usage.
Coming to the best ways to implement cloud-based live video streaming, the following suggestions may come in handy for the marketer:
1) Use video switches to create a visually exciting & dynamic show.
2) Multiple channel promotion.
3) Encoding – software & hardware.
4) Optimum bitrate. The best format for the single stream approach would be a 1280×720 frame size feed encoded at 4 Mbps.
5) Best communication models to stream the Video, including public internet bandwidth, satellite, fiber, or cellular technology.
6) An early webcast start will ensure no mistake occurs during the live streaming.
Because live streaming is a good platform for marketers to promote their products, he needs to use the best format and ensure that his Live Video campaign is a grand success. Streambox is one of the best platforms for Cloud-based Live Video Streaming.
Pay-Per-View Live Video Streaming
Pay-per-view is a sort of pay-TV administration by which a supporter of a TV administration supplier can buy occasions to see through a private broadcast. The broadcaster demonstrates the experience in the meantime to everybody requesting it. There are a few approaches to adapting your live streaming, some immediate, some circuitous. You can do it straightforwardly with pay-per-see live broadcasting or by requiring subscriptions. You can offer to promote your broadcast or shape an association with one or more backers. You can utilize crowdfunding to give individuals a chance to influence the formation of new content.
The most transparent approach to profit from live streaming is to charge individuals to watch it. Streaming stage administrations incorporate a paywall option; a paywall is a course of action that requires installment before a viewer can actuate the broadcast. It works for either live streaming or on-interest Video. Pay per perspective is the least complicated paywall setup, requiring installment on a “per view” premise: the viewer pays a charge and can then watch the broadcast for a timeframe.
Similarly, paywall strategies have favorable circumstances and downsides, as with different methods for profiting from live streaming. The point of preference is that it permits quick returns and gives the viewer a great review. Advertisements or supports don’t burden your broadcast. The drawback is that it requires a more noteworthy duty from your viewers. While individuals will pay to watch the fascinating Video, charging for anything lessens movement. You won’t have the same number of viewers if you trust. Consequently, pay-per-perspective and subscription work best for broadcasts with a devoted crowd that will deliver. Neither requires a vast group of onlookers to create revenue, albeit paying viewers as much as possible.
Global Online Live Video Streaming Statistics 2021 [Study]
Online Video is the latest buzzword in social media and for marketers. Live video streaming enables publishers to provide live video streaming. The content (live video streaming) can be recorded using his mobile phone. Many channels are offering online live video streaming. The concept’s popularity is increasing every day, so the marketer has the vast potential to use the same to promote his products and services. Here is everything about Live Video Streaming Statistics
While on the subject, it is pertinent to note the statistics of some popular channels. This information helps assess the potential and also acts as a deciding factor as to which track offers the best viewership.
• CISCO is projecting quite exciting facts about global internet traffic. One of its reports suggests that by 2019, online Video will be responsible for 80% of the worldwide internet traffic. (For the US, this figure is pegged at 85%).
• By 2019, around 4 billion people (around half the planet) will have access to the net.
• By 2019, the number of devices that can access the web will be 3x the global population.
• Ericsson projects mobile video traffic to grow 55% annually until 2021.
• OTT streaming is expected to fuel the growth (with 4K Video becoming the new standard for consumers).
• The CAGR till 2019 is expected to record 29% (for fixed networks) & 67% (for mobile networks). By category, video content is expected to register a CAGR of 33%, whereas internet video to TV is expected to register a CAGR of 32% until 2019.
Above are some of the projections (as well as potential) for online Videos that naturally attract more and more marketers to approach this channel. As many players like Facebook, Periscope, Blab, etc., offer this service, let’s briefly look at the channel-wise statistics in this field.
• People spend 3x longer time watching live Videos compared to non-live Videos.
• Facebook users have watched over a million hours with Samsung VR gear.
• Facebook generated approximately 10 billion video views on average per day.
• The average video post generates greater organic reach than photo posts.
• 2 million is the number of daily active Periscope users.
• More than 180 OTT media service subscribers in the US.
• Netflix spent $12 billion on digital content production in 2018.
• Consumers continue to shift to Internet video channels.
• Video Live streaming has become a must-have marketing tool.
As detailed above, globally, there is an abnormal increase in users, content, and popularity of video promotion channels. Live Video Streaming Statistics scenario is quite attractive for the marketer, and he has to ensure that he chooses an appropriate medium to make the best use for promoting his products.