Table of Contents Hide
- What is influencer marketing?
- Types of Influencers
- Finding the Right Influencers
- Effective Influencer Marketing Strategy
- Data Driven Reasons why Influencer marketing is here to stay
- The Power of Video Influencer Marketing
- Influencer marketing
- What are the main components of influencer marketing?
- Video influencer marketing
- Why marketers, businesses or brands must work with social influencers?
- Social media influencers
- YouTube influencer marketing
- Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook video influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is viral now and irrespective of the size, most businesses are using influencer marketing to promote their products and services are investing in it.
What is influencer marketing?
Influencers are those who can make an impact on the audience to convert into customers. Influencer marketing is the process in which people who can impact conversations with customers about a product of product are identified and engaged.
The popularity of this marketing is because of the immense ROI and the marketing potential. Influencers are like wavemakers. These are the people highly trusted by people social web.
Using a public figure to deliver messages is not new. But this is paid and inauthentic, and people may trust them very little. Here is where the support the online influencers.
Types of Influencers
There are different types of influencer. These are a celebrity, macro, and micro influencers.
- Celebrity influencers are musicians, actors and athletes.
- Macro influencers are social media personalities, bloggers, and journalists with followers between ten thousand and one million. These can drive engagement up to 25% per post.
- Micro influencer has up to ten thousand followers and can drive high engagement with 25 to 50 percent engagement per post. Based on the requirements of the brands, they must narrow the target audience and choose the influencer who can be more effective and cheaper. Micro-influencers can be the best choice is they are relevant to the audience of the brands.
Finding the Right Influencers
- Google reported that there is more than five thousand percent increase in searches for influencer marketing in 2016 itself. More than sixty percent of marketers are planning to boost the budgets of their influencer marketing. It is going to further become bigger in the coming years.
- The big challenge for any brands who want to adopt influencer marketing is to find the right influencer. They must first know the type of influencer that they are looking for. More than the reach, what one should give priority is for relevance.
- After finding the right influencer, send a message to the influencer if you have a personal connection. Use the different channels to reach them, such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Start the conversation more naturally. Continue the conversation and then tell them about how partnering with them will benefit both of you.
- There are online tools that help in finding the right influencers. These include the NeoReach, Influenza, TapInfluence, Fame bit, and others. Other platforms measure social influence and can be sort of content, topics, etc. There include Buzzsumo, Klear, etc.
Effective Influencer Marketing Strategy
Influencer marketing is a powerful strategy to capture wider audiences. Before starting the marketing campaign, it is important to set goals. It could be increasing the social media followers, improving the website ranking of increasing awareness of the new product.
After identifying the influencer relevant to the brand, begin creating content. Promote the content through different social media pages, website, etc.
Track the success of the marketing campaign. Check if the goals of the campaign are reached or not. If not, make some changes to the campaign. Build relationships with the influencer.
Data Driven Reasons why Influencer marketing is here to stay
Influencer marketing is proving to be stronger with the change in online habits of the people and the increasing number of people online. Here are some figures and data that will convince people that influencer marketing is here to say.
- Since the last decade, the use of social media skyrocketed. From just 10 percent in 2005, the number of online adults using social media increased to 79% in 2016, and it is not just Facebook, but people are on Instagram, Twitter and other platforms also.
- People do not just have social media account, but they are very active also on them.
- With the increase of some people on social media and the number of active users, there is also an increase in the number of people who trust referrals and recommendations of influencers. A study revealed that eighty-three percent of people said that they trust recommendations and sixty-six percent people stated that they believe the consumer opinions and customer reviews that are available o different online sites.
- There was no influencer marketing if people did not other social media influencers led that young internet users like YouTube, another social media influencer more than they like the music of television celebrities. PewDiePie, Fine Bros and social media celebrities are more popular with teens than other celebs.
- Studies found that more than fifty percent of online users rely on recommendations made by influencers. The purchasing decisions of these people are greatly influenced by the reviews of the influencers.
- Traditional form of digital advertising is facing a challenge as people are using ad blockers, making it difficult for the brands to reach them. Influencer marketing is a more effective way to reach people.
- Influencer marketing is rated high by content marketers based on the effectiveness and reach. We can see an increase in the influencer marketing budgets of marketers. Most of the markets now have separate budgets for influencer marketing.
Despite the drawbacks, influencer marketing is here to stay. Nearly eighty-six percent of the brands using influencer marketing are reaping the rewards, surveys say. Studies also revealed that influencer content is outperforming the own content of the brands.
The Power of Video Influencer Marketing
The video turned as a central element in influencer marketing strategies. Online marketing and businesses are emerging with the influencers. Social media stars, bloggers, Vlogger are becoming top influencers in their niche and helping brands and marketers to reach targeted audience.
The influencer marketing was entirely depended upon the niche and targeting. Let us see how the video made its impact on influencer strategies and how powerful it is.
An influencer is the type of marketing where social media stars, top blogger, and vlogger are acts as the word of mouth promoters across the web to promote a brand or service online. Influencer marketing goes hand in hand with social media marketing and content marketing.
In influencer marketing, marketers create content or influencers themselves create content to carry out the campaigning as a part of business promotion.
Though content marketing and social media go hand in hand, still they are not similar to one another in the influencer marketing.
What are the main components of influencer marketing?
The influencer marketing did not have particular discipline. It just went on its strategies, and campaigning has the ultimate goal is to expand the reach and bring conversions by targeting the audience.
• Identification of product and brand influencers
• Manual search or influencer platform service providers
• Creation of marketing campaigns for influencers
• Secondary marketing campaigns to targeted customers.
• Tracking metrics.
Video influencer marketing
Video has become an integral part of every marketing approach. If influencers made a video as their targeted media for spreading their word, then the process is called as video influencer marketing. Influencers also utilize the images, infographics, podcasts, blog posts, etc. to spread the word.
Why marketers, businesses or brands must work with social influencers?
Social media has great influence on influence marketing. Today people are discussing brand or service with their friends on social media platforms. The majority of people spend at least an hour per day on social media platforms.
So, it is imperative to target the social influencers to reach your targeted audience across the web. Marketers are searching for the right social media influencers on specific platforms and were designing their influencer marketing strategy online.
Every platform is somewhat different from the other social media platform, and thus there will be differences in the way of approaching the customers, targeted audience and the techniques.
The social influencers have a great impact on the audience. According to the recent surveys, it reveals that social media influencers are the more efficient people who can spread the word faster than any other influencers who are using beyond social media or very less social media interactions.
Hence brands are targeting the influencers across the different social media platforms. Let us go through the top social media platforms for video influencer marketing online.
Social media influencers
Social media influencers are the people who have a good following on specific social networks and are famous for their talent and work. Those people are considered as influencers as they have excellent capability of influencing their audience and it works great for brand promotions and marketing.
Today social media influencers are playing a center role in the brand promotions and lead generation which increases the value of branding and business online.
Let us discuss the influencer marketing scenarios on various social media platforms.
YouTube influencer marketing
Below are the important points to reach the right YouTube influencers for your brand and suggestions for influencer marketing on YouTube.
• Find influencers who love your brand and give them the freedom to explore their ideas to represent your brand or service on their won.
• Hire the best YouTube influencer basing on whether they can fit with your brand strategy but not basing on the following they have on the platform.
• If you want to know the success of your brand campaign with the particular influencer, you can track the link for an influencer to know the information. However, marketers must ask influencers to add the tracking links at the top of the video.
• Go with some offer codes that can track the video conversion rate on YouTube platform. So you can get the conversion tracking.
• YouTube Influencers have good relations with the audience so by offering a code with the link can bring better leads.
• Create best titles that can drive better views. Create the best headline or tagline for your product that perfectly fits.
• Go for video search engine optimization by including your brand name in YouTube talent. This tactic can work well for your influencer marketing on YouTube.
Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook video influencer marketing
• The Instagram platform is the most preferred platform for the influencer marketing than any other platform across the web.
• The Facebook platform offers different ways to reach the audience on the platform using the influencer marketing strategies.
• The majority of marketers reach their audience through the product Unboxing videos, hashtag campaigns, promotional codes and encourage the consumer interaction with the brand through Facebook influencers.
• People like to follow their favorite video creators, bloggers and Vloggers on the Facebook platform to perform these types of campaigns.
• Facebook is also recruiting the social media content creators to encourage the influencer marketing on social media.
• When comes to Snapchat video influencer marketing, suggest your influencers use the custom vanity type URLs on snap chat for your brand marketing campaigns.
• Partner with an influencer and go snap chat takeover needs an advanced planning and strategy to be successful.
• Snapchat is best for the video influencer marketing strategies targeting the cross-platform strategy.
Follow the above guide if you are planning to start your Social Media Video Influencer Marketing Strategy.