Table of Contents Hide
In India, the Short Video Market is exploding. With more and more people using mobile phones to watch videos, it makes sense that the new form of entertainment would take off in a country where smartphones are so prevalent. For many Indians who do not have access to cable TV or other forms of media, YouTube has become an excellent way for them to get their entertainment fix at any time they want.
We all know that videos keep getting more and more popular. As a result, the short video market in India is also seeing an influx of interest from advertisers looking to capitalize on this new opportunity for marketing their products and services. You should be aware of when it comes to managing your campaign for different types of ads the idea that people’s attention spans have been shortened so much by other media sources like television or YouTube.
Indian advertisers realize short video as Powerful Tools
This emerging market is looking to grow even more as Indian advertisers realize powerful tools.
- Short Videos in India are revolutionizing entertainment.
- The need for short videos is growing because of the increase in mobile phone usage and a lack of other forms of media available to Indians.
- Indian advertisers have to begin to take advantage of this new medium as well.
Indian Short Video Market
- India has emerged as one of the largest markets for short video content.
- The most popular categories are comedy and music in Bollywood.
- The majority of Indians access short videos through their mobile phones, tablets, or computers
- India’s population has become the second-largest place in the world.
- The number of Indian households with a TV is expected to grow from 50% in 2010 to 80% by 2022.
- Bollywood films are one of the most popular forms of entertainment for Indians, and short video clips have become an essential part of this industry.
- These videos are usually less than 3 minutes long and provide a brief synopsis or highlight reel for movies that have been released recently.
- India’s emerging short video market is worth $2 billion
- The country has rapidly growing middle-class families who are using smartphones to watch videos
- Indian short-video market is growing too fast as innovations are coming.
- The Indian government is investing a considerable amount in this entertainment industry.
- Several companies are capitalizing on their opportunities, including Flipkart and Ola.
- Short videos can be used for everything from marketing to storytelling.
- India is known as the second-largest internet population globally and is one of the fastest-growing economies in Asia.
- The country’s infrastructure for video consumption is still underdeveloped, but it is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years.
- As a result, Indian entrepreneurs are looking for new ways to capitalize on this opportunity by developing new technologies that will allow their videos to be accessible across all devices.
- There are currently no regulations or legislation was governing short-form video production, distribution, or financing.
Indian Short Video Apps Statistics
- The number of Indian short video apps is increasing rapidly.
- TikTok, OlaVid, and Instagram TV are some most popular Indian short video apps.
- India has the second-highest usage of mobile phones in the world.
- There are more than 3000 short video apps in India.
- The top 5 short video app is TikTok, Musical.ly, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook short videos.
- More people watch videos on TikTok than on any other social media platform. TikTok is more popular than Facebook or Twitter.
- The internet penetration rate is currently around 30%.
- Indians spend an average of 3 hours on their phones every day, with 2 hours and 45 minutes spent on social media sites such as Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Indian-made videos account for 80% of all video views in the country.
- There are over 100 million Indian smartphone users
- The majority of the users use Android operating systems, with a minority using iOS devices.
- Mobile video consumption in India is expected to grow by 300% from 2020-2022, which is faster than the global average growth rate of 197%.
- One-third of mobile phone owners in India watch videos on their phones at least once per day.
- There are more than 10 million videos uploaded to Instagram every day.
- Snapchat has 3 billion daily video views and 500 million snaps sent each day.
- WhatsApp now reaches 1 billion people around the world.
Short Video Apps Trends
- Over the past year, video has been on a steady rise, with brands and organizations using it to engage with their audience better.
- Different types of videos can be used for marketing purposes, short-form, long-form, live streaming, and more
- Videos have also become a popular way for businesses to connect with customers in person without having them physically come into the store or office.
- Video is an effective tool for telling stories about your company’s values and mission, a great tool to increasing engagement.
- Companies are using short video apps to engage with their customers potentially.
- Companies are posting videos on social media, YouTube, and other platforms for better marketing and advertising.
- The most popular types of videos for your business are tutorials and product demos.
- Video is an excellent way for companies to convey their message to the audience quickly.
The Indian short video market is growing, and with it, the demand for well-made films is also on the rise. Many video marketing and advertising agencies help you create compelling videos that will have your audience hooked! Contact us today to find out how we can work together on this project.
This means you need to get straight to the point with your message quickly without putting too many details out there at once if you want a chance at catching someone before they click away. To learn how we can help put together a winning short video strategy, just contact us today! The Indian short video market is on the rise. If you want to be a part of this emerging industry, contact us today for more information about how we can help your business succeed in India and worldwide!