Table of Contents Hide
- How do we report inappropriate content on OTT platforms to the government?
- What is Over-the-Top (OTT) content?
- Why is it important to report inappropriate OTT content?
- How do I report inappropriate OTT content?
- How to report inappropriate OTT platforms content to the Government?
- How to report inappropriate or offensive content on an OTT service?
- What happens when I make a complaint?
- What should I include in my complaint?
The rise of the internet and social media has resulted in a significant increase in inappropriate content accessible to children and adults alike. While there are many steps that OTT platforms can take to mitigate this problem, it is still essential for users to know how to report inappropriate content when they come across it. There are some tips on how to do so.
You must provide accurate and appropriate content to your viewers as an OTT platform. However, we understand that sometimes inappropriate content may be shared on our platform. If you come across any such content, please follow the steps below to report it to the government.
How do we report inappropriate content on OTT platforms to the government?
The guidelines for reporting inappropriate content on Over-the-Top (OTT) platforms are still being established. In the meantime, it is essential to know how to properly report this content to the government to take appropriate action. There is a guide on how to do so.
What is Over-the-Top (OTT) content?
Over-the-Top (OTT) content refers to any media delivered over the internet instead of through traditional cable or satellite providers. This includes apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Why is it important to report inappropriate OTT content?
There are several reasons why it is vital to report inappropriate OTT content. First and foremost, this content can harm children and adolescents exposed to it. Inappropriate content can also exploit and groom potential victims for criminal activity.
This content can be used to incite violence or promote hate speech. By reporting it, you can help prevent this type of content from being distributed further and help protect vulnerable individuals from harm.
How do I report inappropriate OTT content?
If you feel any content you believe is inappropriate, you should contact the OTT platform directly and request them to remove the offending material. If they do not comply with your request, you can file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Be sure to include as much information about the incident as possible, including links to the offending material, in your complaint. You can also contact a local law enforcement agency if you believe someone may be in immediate danger due to the content.
How to report inappropriate OTT platforms content to the Government?
Take a screenshot of the inappropriate content. This will help the government identify the content in question and take appropriate action.
Flag the content. On most OTT platforms, you can flag content by selecting the “Flag as Inappropriate” option from the drop-down menu. This will create a form to choose why you’re flagging the content. Please be as specific as possible so that the government can take appropriate action.
Submit the form. Once you’ve submitted it, our team will review it and take appropriate action.
How to report inappropriate or offensive content on an OTT service?
If you encounter content on an OTT service that you believe is inappropriate or offensive, you can file a case to the Office of the eSafety Commissioner. We will assess the complaint, and if the content is found to be in breach of the enforceable code, we can direct the provider to take action. This may include removing the content from their service.
To make a complaint, fill out our online form. You will need to provide:
- A link to the content you are complaining about; and
- Your contact details (so we can keep you updated about what action has been taken).
- There are a few potential avenues for reporting inappropriate content on OTT platforms. The first is to contact the platform directly and request that the content be removed. Most venues have procedures for handling such requests and typically respond quickly to remove any offending content.
- If you are not satisfied with the platform’s response or feel that the content is particularly egregious, you can also file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- The FCC regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable. You can file a case with the FCC online, by phone, or by mail.
- Lastly, if you believe the content violates a law or regulation, you can file a complaint with your state attorney general’s office. Every state government has rules and regulations governing what is considered appropriate content, so research your state’s guidelines before taking this step.
- Look for a Report button or link. This is usually located in the drop-down menu of the platform.
- If you can’t find a Report button or link, try contacting the platform’s customer service.
- Provide them with as much information as possible about your reporting content. This will help the government determine if the content violates laws or regulations.
- Include your contact information if the government needs to follow up with you.
- Wait for a response from the government. You will receive a response within days.
What happens when I make a complaint?
When the CFT receives a complaint, they will assess it to determine whether it falls within their jurisdiction. If the CFT decides to investigate the complaint, they will contact the OTT platform and ask them to respond to the allegations.
The CFT will then assess the evidence and decide whether there has been a breach of the Online Services Act 2019. If the CFT finds that there has been a breach, they may take enforcement action against the OTT platform. Enforcement action can include ordering the OTT platform to comply with its obligations or issuing a fine.
What should I include in my complaint?
Your complaint should include:
- Your name and contact details
- The name of the OTT platform that you are making a complaint about
- A description of the alleged breaches of the Online Services Act 2019
- Any evidence that you have to support your claims, for example, screenshots or links to content
By following these steps, you can make sure that appropriate action is taken against those posting inappropriate content on OTT platforms. Remember, if you come across something that makes you feel uncomfortable or concerned, don’t hesitate to report it – it could make all the difference in keeping these platforms safe for everyone involved.
It is still the early days when reporting standards for inappropriate OTT content. However, it is crucial to know how to correctly say this type of material so that action has to be taken to protect individuals from harm. If you encounter any offensive material on an OTT platform, contact the platform directly and file a complaint with the FCC if necessary. You should also get a local law enforcement agency if you believe someone may be in immediate danger due to the content.
By following these steps, you can help make sure that this type of material is removed from circulation and help protect those who are most at risk. The best way to deal with inappropriate OTT Platform content is to report it. If you encounter any videos or articles that violate the law or your community standards.
Contact us for OTT Platform Consulting. We are here to help you take the necessary steps to remove these materials from the platform and protect your community. Have you had issues with inappropriate content on an OTT Platform? Let us know in the comments below.