Did you know that YouTube offers additional features to verified channel owners? We will show you how to verify your channel and unlock those extra features. Keep reading to learn more!
If you’re a regular YouTube user, you’ve probably noticed that some channels have more features than others. For example, verified channels can add a custom thumbnail to their videos and change the link in the description box from “youtube.com/watch?” to “youtube.com/channelname.”
Verifying your channel is a quick and easy process that unlocks many additional features for your channel. In this post, we’ll walk you through how to verify your channel and what benefits come with verification. Let’s get started!
How to Verify YouTube Channel
- Verify your YouTube channel by linking it to a Gmail account
- Once you have verified the email, visit this link to activate additional features
- You will need to enter your password for the Gmail account and click on sign in
- After signing into the linked account, you will be able to access all of YouTube’s features!
- If you ever want to unlink your YouTube channel from a Gmail account, follow these steps again and hit “unlink” instead of “sign in.”
- To verify an existing and other social media accounts with YouTube channels.
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Click on the three dots next to the channel name and select “Creator Studio,” and scroll down
- Under Channel Settings, scroll down until you see “Verify my channel.”
- Click Verify My Channel
- Read through the terms of service before clicking I Agree if you are willing to abide by them.
Advantages of YouTube Channel Verification
- YouTube Channel Verification is a quick and easy way to promote your content
- You can customize the verification badge with any colour you want, which will help it stand out from other channels on YouTube
- It helps build trust between you and viewers because they know that what they’re watching has been verified by Google as appropriate for all audiences
- If you have a lot of subscribers, this will make your channel more visible in search results
- Verification is a great way to show that your channel is credible
- YouTube will review videos before they are published, so you don’t have to worry about being falsely flagged for copyright infringement
- You can monetize your videos through ads or by partnering with other brands on sponsored content
- YouTube offers analytics and insights into how people watch your videos
- Verification marks your channel as a trusted and authentic source of content
- Your video’s metadata will be more visible to viewers, increasing the likelihood that they’ll click on it
- You can apply for monetization through YouTube Partner Program, which allows you to earn money from ads placed before or during your videos
- Increased security by allowing only verified users to comment on videos
- Gain access to YouTube’s monetization program
- Increase your channel’s reliability and credibility
- Get the green checkmark next to your username on videos you’ve published
- YouTube Channel Verification is a way to prove that your account belongs to you
- It helps you keep your videos safe from being taken down by other people or companies, and it also lets viewers know that the video they are watching has not been tampered with in any way
- You can get verified if you have more than 100 subscribers on your channel, have had over 4 hours of watch time per week for at least 8 weeks, and meet our community guidelines
- If you are eligible for verification, there are two ways to request it: through the YouTube website or an application
- YouTube Channel Verification helps your videos rank higher in search results
- It also improves the chances of your video being featured on YouTube’s home page
- You can use a custom link that includes your verified account name, which is more recognizable and trusted than an unverified one
- It increases trust with your audience and makes them feel more confident in your content
- It’s a way to prove that you are who you say you are, which can help your credibility as an influencer or business owner
- You’ll be able to upload custom thumbnails for all of your videos.
- Verification gives the channel owner access to certain features, like live streaming and managing comments
- The verification process takes about two weeks
- It is a great way to connect with other YouTubers and be part of the community
- It will help you gain more subscribers, which in turn leads to more views on your videos
- Channel Verification is free
- It’s a way of showing your audience that you’re serious about your channel
- YouTube verifies channels with a large following and high levels of engagement, so it helps to build trust with new viewers
- You can get exclusive access to features on the YouTube platform like Super Chat or Live Streaming
- You can add “verified” in front of your username.
If you’re looking to unlock additional features on your YouTube channel, it is important to verify the account. Verification can be done by linking a Google or Twitter profile, and if that isn’t possible, they will need their credit card details handy for verification.
This may seem like an odd request, but we are willing to do what it takes when we truly want something! It’s time to get serious about your digital marketing strategy and contact us today for consultation services so you can create a successful campaign utilizing YouTube Channel Marketing Strategy Consulting.