Table of Contents Hide
Videos have become a compelling medium. Hours of videos are uploaded to different video platforms every day. There are two ways to create a video. One of them is to invest time and resources and create a video; another is to curate the videos available online.
Video curation requires a strategy. Curate video content that is interesting and relevant and offers some value to the viewer. Choose the ones that are related to the brand.
Change the title and description of the video. Have a clear thumbnail. Provide backlinks to the original video when you are posting the video on your blog post. Having transcription to videos is one of the good ideas to increase traffic. Give credit to the owner of the video.
To be a successful video content curator, add your descriptions to the video and write a unique title. Include your text. Have a playlist of curated videos on your site and break them into categories.
YouTube Video Curation
YouTube is the second largest search engine and has lots of content available. We can find well-researched and well-made videos on YouTube. These videos can curate for different purposes. Embed the videos on the site and write something about them to use as subjects for the article.
For YouTube video curation, first, find the videos related to your niche. Choose the most suitable one from the search list. Check the viewership rate of the video and choose the one with lots of views. Rewrite the title, watch the video entirely, and then write an article with the information provided in the video.
Video Curation Platform and Apps
Why should we need a platform for video curation? A professional can handle the curation work better. They will do the collecting and organizing of videos and other works. They can also provide analytics and metrics to track the popularity of the video content.
• Curation traffic is a WordPress curation plugin with all the tools and strategies for video caution.
• The pocket is another app that lets you store interesting videos and use them later for reference.
• Magnify.net is a video curation tool that allows embedding sources from trusted media makers on your site. It searches for the most relevant videos for the site.
• With Vidinterest, it is possible to discover and bookmark videos and create playlists of videos and use them when necessary. You can bookmark videos from several hosting platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
• Huzzaz is another video curation platform that can be used to discover and collect Vimeo and YouTube videos. It also allows analyzing the video metrics and finding the videos that matter most for increasing site engagement.
These are only a few online video content tools and platforms that offer tools to search the web and provide a collection of videos. Some of them have video players.
Advantages of Video Curation
We will now see the benefits of video curation, which is one of the types of content curation. It allows for gaining knowledge. In video curation, you need to add your thoughts to the topic; for this, you must understand the subject better.
When you share video content from other bloggers and brands, the brands will notice you, increasing brand awareness. The viewers will also understand that you have their interests in mind and will be loyal to your brand. Another benefit of video curation for the original creator is that it will reach a wider audience.
Video Curation Best Practices:
- Create a list of topics that are relevant to your audience
- Choose a video for each case and embed it in the post
- Link back to the original video’s YouTube page or website with an annotation on the player
- Create a video library of your videos to maximize the impact of each new video
- Choose a theme for your channel and stick with it
- Make sure you have enough storage space on your computer or external hard drive
- Include relevant tags in the title, description, and tags section when uploading videos to YouTube so that they are easily searchable
- Be selective- don’t include videos that are too similar to one another
- Use a variety of videos with different lengths, topics, and styles
- Include at least some educational content for viewers who want to learn something new
- Keep the video on the subject (don’t include unrelated videos)
- Find the best videos that are relevant to your audience
- Curate a list of the most popular and engaging videos on YouTube for your audience
- Keep in mind what type of video you want to create, such as comedy or educational
- Choose a theme or event for your video
- Create a list of videos that will be relevant to the article or event
- Put together an intro and outro, including music, graphics, and voiceover
- Add captions in English and Spanish
- Include links to all resources mentioned in the video
- Include a mix of short and long videos, as well as high-quality and low-quality videos
- Incorporate content from other sources to show a variety
- Use video titles that are engaging and creative but also descriptive
- Have a plan for your video curation strategy
- Be consistent with your content and frequency of posting
- Create playlists that are easy to follow and provide value to the viewer
- Promote your videos on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Share videos from other creators to help them grow their audience
- The first step to curating a video is to identify your audience
- Once you know who you are targeting, find videos that will appeal to them
- Make sure the videos have high-quality production value or can be made attractive with editing and captions
- Include a variety of topics in your video playlist- don’t just show cooking tutorials
- Don’t forget about making ads for your curated channel
- Know your audience
- Be selective about the videos you include in your curation
- Include a variety of topics and formats, including interviews, documentaries, short films, and animations
- Make sure there is a balance between new content and older content
image source: pixabay.com