Table of Contents Hide
- What is a CDN?
- What is a Video CDN?
- Categories of CDN
- CDN’s for General purpose
- On-demand video CDN’s
- Live Video CDN
- Why CDN’s are necessary?
- Multi-CDN Video Optimization
- Multi-CDN Video
- Benefits of Multi CDN Video
- Pros and Cons of Multi-CDN Video content
- Multi CDN video Approach
- Multi-CDN Video Strategy
- Multi CDN video Service Providers
- The Ultimate Guide to Hola Video CDN
- Hola Video CDN
What is a CDN?
CDN is the primary term that known as a Content Delivery Network. They are used mostly in delivering the content to various destinations like web browsers, smart devices that are connected to the network and they are cost effective and widely used in content delivery and distribution.
What is a Video CDN?
Video CDN is nothing but a content distribution network which has different servers to deliver the high-quality live videos to the devices that are connected to the web. They have the capability of providing the video streaming which can accelerate the delivery system through caching.
The system stores the content across multiple servers to the users’ location for delivering the video. The general size of the video CDN differentiated with the provider of the content, content size and the customers served.
Categories of CDN
Basing on the purpose, the CDN’s are distinguished into three different types. Some CDN’s are used to deliver the general content and some for On-Demand content and live video content. These three types of CDNs are employed in the content delivery system. There are some differences between these CDNs that are utilized for different purposes.
Let us discuss the differences and similarities of these CDNs in detail.
CDN’s for General purpose
• Content delivery networks are already developed before the video. You may utilize these CDN networks while downloading the software updates and visiting a website.
• The general purpose CDN’s commonly calls as web accelerators. The web can be accelerated if it has good CDN which consists of several servers across different locations which has high connection points with the internet service providers as well as with the traditional websites or other vendors.
• The content delivery network caches and stores the content frequently on the request of a huge number of internet users online.
• To understand the acceleration of the web, you must know about the various terms that are use in the marketing ecosystem.
• Whenever the particular content as requested many times by the user, the service provider will cache the content and make a point of presence in which any request for the content will not go visits high lines of network and is served up by the service providers own cache data.
• Today, web accelerations are very complex, and according to the surveys, US is providing the internet to 23percent of its population, and the content delivery networks were accelerating the web and cache the content to many locations.
On-demand video CDN’s
• Some of the general-purpose CDN’s are providing the various services for the video content on-demand. It may be a large video file or a big application download; the server content will not be different than others.
• The streaming servers deliver the content during the request and can provide only bits other than the entire length of the video clippings. It is beneficial for the content owners paying for the delivery by CDN.
• CDNs did not need any particular investment for the hardware and the server streaming software. It just limits the number of bits to be delivered to the viewers.
• The first thing is the direct download in which the video clip is to be downloaded to the viewer’s system before audience views it.
• Viewers used to wait for the download and the installation process if the content was like 1GB in size. Of course, we do not want to wait as it might take some thirty minutes to get complete that process.
• Another important thing is the progressive downloads, in this option, the users can utilize the numerous video sites like YouTube.
• CDN delivers the download and viewers can begin watching the content within the first five seconds without any waiting for the content to download.
• The content can be downloaded with ease before you complete the video watching.
• One of the most interesting things to CDN is adaptive bitrates which can convert the video streams into chunks and fragments within two to ten seconds of length.
• The adaptive bitrates can create different streams across various bitrates and utilize the feedback from the users and detect the optimum speed of the particular network.
• There are massive solutions and befits of using the adaptive bitrates in a fair manner.
Live Video CDN
• With the new Adaptive bit rates and HTTP streaming, still there is need to deliver the live video content it cannot be able to cache like other content which we discuss above.
• As the live video cannot be cache, it is imperative to have a modified CDN infrastructure with a good bandwidth piping between the end user viewing as well as central location.
• The bandwidth delivery costs might increase for every viewer who is viewing the video simultaneously. Building and as well as maintaining millions of viewers in live streaming is the very expensive procedure.
Why CDN’s are necessary?
Knowing about CDNs is vital, whether you are a consumer, publisher or service provider. If you are a customer, you can understand the working of transmission systems. Of course, it is effortless to watch the content across multiple devices at any time, and consumers can know the potential benefits and CDN can support them to distribute the video clips and other content in a better way.
When it comes to the service providers, they must update with the current trends that are happening across the web. They must follow the modern CDNs and HTTP-based video delivery systems. Converging the things at CDN is paramount.
For content owners, they can understand the different CDNs and other services that are beneficial to them while presenting the premium content differently. Content owners must also need to follow the content delivery trends and other cost-effective strategies related to the monetization. Hence it is essential to know in detail to have a clear understanding of CDNs.
Multi-CDN Video Optimization
How to reduce the loading time of web page by using Multi-CDN Video strategy?
What is the best way to deliver the quality content to the end user with ceaseless performance?
How to eliminate the clog of your website?
The queries that are arises over multi-CDN will be disclosed here that holds the attention of the all the business to cope up with it.
It stands for multiple content delivery networks which means the delivery of the multiple contents that is web content and web pages to the web users by fetching the information like the server from which the content to be delivered, the source of the webpage and the user’s geographic locations.
The usage of multiple CDN to deliver the video, web content and further applications will not find any fluctuations while serving the end users.
Multi CDN video is the best way to deliver the content very close to the end-users over multiple servers. The needs of the customers will not address by the single CDN.
Approaching the Multi-CDN will disclose the variability in the performance of using single CDN.
Benefits of Multi CDN Video
Building Multi-CDN Video over the single CDN will offer many advantages to the users.
- The speed is the most highlighted one that multi-CDN will show high speed of server to become closer to the end users.
- The latency will vanish while the server comes closer to the end user in different locations that means there is a very low delay in the transformation of the data from the server to end user.
- The capacity of the server will be reduced in which the single server not be strained that is the web content is distributed over the multiple networks.
- The addition of multiple CDNs then the performance of the end server will be maximized more and more at which the content to be distributed. That means multiple CDNs might have multiple capacities that gives more flexibility to the owners of the content to become friendlier to the end users while surfing the content.
- The content owners can build the reliability at the end users by providing the content with high performance.
- When the traffic in the sequence of servers blocked, then the other server will be the solution to transfer the data with no latency.
- The usage of multiple CDN will become backups to one another.
- Another advantage of using multiple CDNs is that it works as the source of built-in backup without considering the uptime.
- The digital marketers can do the management of existing tags, evaluation of vendors and the deployment of advanced services with the usage of Multi-CDN Video architecture that improves the performance of the website.
Pros and Cons of Multi-CDN Video content
The developers will be offered with the boundless opportunities especially for the categories of optimization and configurations.
The usage of Multi-CDN Video will provide to hold the total control on what CDNs are used in it.
The optimal reach of the audiences in the case of an unpredictable count of CDNs is available through multi CDN video approach.
By considering the specific site patterns, the behavior of the user environment will be displayed.
The interrelation between the metrics and performance of the business will be notified.
Based on the number of CDNs used the cost may vary, i.e., it may be expensive to maintain.
When there is no in-house team to perform the web services, then it is not suitable for the companies.
Depending on the end user computer’s activity the multi CDNs will be influenced.
Multi CDN video Approach
CDN provides a way to bring content closer to the end users and distributes through multiple servers. You can use Multiple CDN’s at once by redirecting your users to the most prominent server-based user’s locations and your company needs.
Implementing multiple CDN’s manually will be a nightmare to the management, for that you need to maintain an account for each one of them and maintain its integration into your network.
A single CDN does not fulfill all your customer needs, and there is a specific variability in CDN performance that includes linking the internet speed and quality, individuals may vary their performance in different global locations.
The quality of performance may vary depending on which CDN you are using in the given market. It allows choosing best-of-breed CDN in the market to measure the performance depending on the area.
The Cloudinary Multi-CDN:
It provides many advanced options to the developers for image management. The cloudinary deploys to the various CDN’s and its optimization images to the smallest file size of each screen combine with the highest quality possibilities.
Multi-CDN Video Strategy
Many of the Organisations do not have technical resources to build their servers. Big brands like Facebook and Netflix already implemented a Multi-CDN Video content strategy for their development. You can use multi CDN video solution for better managing online content data and online business providers at a fraction of seconds.
A Multi-CDN Video content strategy gives more benefits to content owners including the –
- Ability to control and maintain the quality customer experience
- Make sure that met their bandwidth commitments
- Permitting a selection process for delivery using additional requirements
- Preventing the Overage charges
The main reason behind why the internet providers didn’t use two CDN is they are now using CDN ecosystem. The internet traffic for these websites is like tens of millions monthly active users and the skyscraper traffic.
Many Internet companies gain knowledge of using CDN ecosystem, followed some rules and started using multi CDN in their Organisations too.
The number of CDN’s used for the company depends on the online property of that organization. Massive video sites require more CDN’s and eCommerce get it by one.
Managing the multiple CDNs is not that complex as it sounds. If a company using two CDN’s the two control panels, two setup configuration tools, two reporting systems balancing these all must be learned. DSE and EFO must configure with CDN this must be set or else it doesn’t work.
Who Use Multi-CDN Strategy- Examples:
Netflix need – 4 CDNs
Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter needs – 3 CDNs
World of Wildcrafts needs 3 CDNs that means one is Akamai and two other CDNs.
Hulu, Walmart, OverStock, Oracle, SAP,eBay,ESPN,AVG, Microsoft needs – 2CDNs
Buy.com, Big5.com, Lions gate, TMZ, Dreamworks need – 1CDN
Multi CDN video Service Providers
Here are the some of the Multi-CDN Video content service Providers.
Amazon has largest cloud services around the world. It serves thousands of companies provides the secure and safe environment for hosting website content like live streaming and dynamic content. As Amazon is the most extensive network still its services looks complicated to the beginners, and experienced masters also want one CDN.
Akamai used to speed up the network connections and networks worldwide. It works for big brands and well-established organizations. Akamai also recommended for small blogs.
Cloudflare is a sizeable free CDN provider company and recommended for those who could not pay for premium services. It provides an open plan with limited features recommended for small blogs.
Webmobi is one stop solution to digital media content delivery services for mobile platforms and web. It provides stable and efficient content delivery at the same time Webmobi delivers cost-effective infrastructure. This network is made up of young, and the strongly dedicated professional team manages clients all over the world.
Microsoft Azure is the most significant service provider across the world. It offers Global CDN services for entrepreneurs and big size websites. It is quite fast CDN services that make site to load blazingly fast and use many advanced setting configurations.
The Ultimate Guide to Hola Video CDN
What is Hola Video CDN? The motto behind Hola was to make the web faster, more open and cheaper as well. The promoters of Hola felt that the underlying protocols running the Internet became obsolete and as such, there is a need for freemium web and mobile application to achieve the said object. Hola is a form of virtual private network (VPN) to its users through peer to peer network. Here the concept is redirecting the user’s requests to access certain domains to go through the computers and internet connections of other users of non-blocked areas. Here the geo-blocking identifies the blocked areas and non-blocked areas.
Hola Video CDN
Starting their journey in late 2012, Hola Networks Limited became viral in January 2013. Initially, there were 80 downloads a day which went up to 40,000 downloads a day. This happened to be one of the most successful ventures in this field. After seeing the success, Hola started selling access to its huge user-base of course with a new name, i.e., Luminati. It is a paid service with minimum charges payable by the users.
A quick look at the technology used by YouTube for flawless delivery of YouTube videos mentions that the platform is providing technology on both sides of the connection – software on the browser side that communicates with software on their servers that together create a great viewing experience. Hola has its platform under the name Hola Content Distribution Network (CDN) promising to deliver YouTube-style video viewing experience for any video publishers.
Already there are more than dozen video publishers using Hola CDN wherein the video stream to viewers from multiple sources (servers) in parallel. The utilization levels are very high thereby bringing down the video distribution cost in any geographical location.
Advantages of Hola CDN (being the first CDN with an architecture intended for video) include the following:
1) The Higher speed of video delivery (start, buffering, seek time, bit rate etc). This ensures that the viewers are more interested in your content.
2) Accurate statistics on viewer’s quality of experience. This is the measurement of success of ad campaign conducted by the marketer.
3) Midstream switch of multiple CDN is possible. This will enable fastest and cheapest video distribution.
4) Reduces video failures.
5) Reduce video start and seek times.
6) Improves video quality/bitrate.
7) No delay in live streaming.
8) Improves video ad performance ad increase monetization.
The marketer is naturally interested in having more information about the Hola CDN. Hola can work with any existing CDN, origin server or a combination of the two. Hola CDN can handle content types (VoD and live), progressive download (MP4, WebM and FLV), Adaptive Video protocols (HLS, HDF, MPEG-DASH).
Hola CDN supports platforms like:
• Any HTML5 browser that MSE is supported.
• PC/MAC Chrome/.Firefox/Opera/Safari/IE.
• Mobile: Chrome on Android 4.4+, iOS7.
• OTT Devices: Chrome cast, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV.
• Set top box: Android-based (the web, web view app and hybrid apps)
• Video players: HTML5 players, JW Player, Video JS, Flowplayer, Kernel Player.
Setting up of Hola CDN:
Setting up is made as easy as 1-2-3. Following are step by step setting up.
1) Sign for a Hola CDN account.
2) Add Hola CDN JS to the website. Here there are lot more options available which are as under:
2.1) HTML video players.
2.2) Flash-based video players.
3) Monitor QoE statistics
Hola CDN has been a wonderful tool for the marketers to ensure fast streaming of videos that too flawless (giving the same experience as that YouTube videos). The pricing is minimum and there is no commitment of minimums. There are more advantages and setting up of Hola CDN is also very easy and hence the marketers need to use this wonderful tool for promotion of his business.
Check out this wonderful Hola Video CDN and get started today.
The above content gives you the complete information about the what is Multi CDN Video and its benefits, strategies used by different companies and best Multi-CDN Video content network service providers. Let have a look to before going to optimise the Multi CDN videos.