Table of Contents Hide
Streaming video is the one the media that you watch as it comes to your device. It is different from downloading and can be said as an alternative to it. There is no need to download the video content entirely before the user starts to watch it.
Streaming or streaming media is sent as a continuous stream and the user can watch it as it arrives. The media player which is chosen compresses the video and allows playing it simultaneously. The compression rate and the time it takes vary from media player to media player.
Streaming Video services and Platforms
Before choosing the best platforms and services related to streaming videos the user must be clear on what he want to achieve. Do not just choose the platforms because they are cheap or because they are popular. Choose the one that you feel have the most attributes and will help your business.
• DaCast is one of the most popular platforms and it offers storage of 20 GB and a unlimited number of channels.
• Livestream is another popular online streaming video platforms and it offers one channel and unlimited storage.
• Ustream offers its services with 100 ad free viewer hours, 50 GB storage and one channel.
• Wowza is another streaming video that offers unlimited channels and 50GB storage.
• Brightcove can be tried for its unlimited number of channels and its price and features change from plan to plan.
Most of the video streaming platforms are offering live streaming services also and also host live or on-demand video. They will allow broadcasting the videos, host them, embed them and monetize them. Some of these platforms grant full control over the content to the broadcaster. Some of them even allow the user to monetize the videos themselves.
10 Streaming Video Best Practices
Streaming video is a most popular tool for the digital marketers. Whatever be the size of the business is, everyone is using the streaming video trend. Here are few best practices for streaming video.
- Chose the best platform for your streaming video.
- Promote your streaming video in advance.
- Check the internet and computer settings and see that they meet the minimum requirements.
- Switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection.
- Use a platform that streams the video over the content delivery network.
- Use enough bandwidth in the internet connection.
- Define the type of content and choose high bandwidth network connections.
- Some of the network protocols developed for streaming media is the HTTP or real-time streaming protocol.
- Users have to subscribe to streaming video services to access the content.
- Test the video streaming with a test stream. Check if everything is going right.
Streaming video Market Statistics
Streaming video is being adopted by users to access live video and video-on-demand content. Users are even watching live events, ads etc. Streaming video helps the organizations to market their brands and product. Streaming media reaches millions of viewers. The streaming media markets were at $336.1 million around six years ago and are expected to reach %1.1 billion within a year from now.
Streaming Video Trends
The demand for online video is likely to grow further in the coming days. It is said that more than eighty percent of viewers are accessing online video content. Businesses, as well as the individuals, are considering streaming video as one of the top ways to interact with the audience. It is proved that the streamed video content is watched three times more on social websites than nonstreaming videos.
How to Stream Videos from PC to VLC on Android
How to Stream Videos from PC to VLC on Android
Technology made everything possible, from shopping online sitting at home to watching movies out of the television box on television etc.
These third party video players are very popular and support many file formats.
Another great use with these is streaming the video content from computers to smartphones.
The vac media player should be downloaded and installed on the windows computer to make it easy to play the videos on Android phones or tablets.
See that both the PC and the Android device are on the same local network.
Make sure that the firewall settings are allowing streaming between the PC and the smartphone. The WiFi connection should be a decent one.
- Go to the VLC app and change the setting so that videos are allowed to play in the background. VLC app can do in the Settings section of the app.
- Open the PC and go to Control Panel. Choose the Network and Sharing option. Click on HomeGroup link.
- To use VLC for streaming, choose to share music and videos. Open the VLC app on the Android device and go to navigate a menu.
- Choose the local network. The name of the PC will appear. Open media and choose the file you want to watch.
- For the PC name to appear on the VLC app on smartphones, all the setting needs to be correctly set.
- Thus, if the streaming is not happening, change the setting either on the PC or the smartphone. Also carefully choose the folder that contains the media files.
- This is an easy way to stream media from PC to Android using VLC. This way the videos and music can be enjoyed on the smartphone from anywhere in the home.
Top 10 Game Play Streaming Video Platforms
The online gameplay video streaming platforms allow playing the video games to an audience instead of playing just to you. Allow others to enjoy your performance and by becoming popular it is possible to earn a living on this also. Below are the Top 10 Game Play Streaming Video Platforms.
Game Play Streaming Video Platforms
1. Twitch.tv is the most popular streaming video game service. It allows sharing of demos, walkthrough etc to the audience.
2. YouTube Gaming is the place to watch of broadcast gaming live streams and videos. This can be accessed both on the desktop and the android device.
3. Hitbox.tv is another platform that can be accessed for free. Use this to get little benefits though this is not the most popular service.
4. Mirrativ is another free game play video streaming platform. Streaming is possible with the Android apps.
5. Ustream is a streaming platform not focusing on gaming alone. Subscribers can make use of the streaming software and HD streams are possible.
6. Azubu.tv allows streaming high-quality streams. Viewers can interact with the gamers. Other features are chat casting capabilities, superior streaming technology and unique tools sets for broadcasters.
7. Gaming Live allow east setting up of live streams for the gamers.
8. Dailymotion is another great streaming platform for gamers. Use the applications of DailyMotion Gamers for iOS and Android devices and also for Playstation 4.
9. InstaGib is another site for live streaming online. The site has basic layouts and the service is free.
10. Steam Broadcasting is another streaming platform that allows the players to see the play of each other.
Game play is the biggest thing happening and this is the best time to get on board. Choosing the service depends on the personal needs of the gamer or the streamer. Using the YouTube gaming helps the pre-existing audience. Twitch is another best bet to climb up the ranks.