Table of Contents Hide
- What is a YouTube audit?
- Why audit your YouTube Channel?
- What does a YouTube Audit contain?
- Why Do You Need it and How to Do it
- Why is YouTube Channel Content Audit Important ?
- How to audit YouTube channel content?
- Tips to perform YouTube channel content
- The Step By Step Guide to YouTube Channel Audit
- Who is the channel auditor?
- How to Increase YouTube Channel Traffic By 200% Using Channel Audit
- Advanced YouTube Channel Audit Steps
- General YouTube Channel Best Practices
Video marketing has been included in the marketing strategies of brands irrespective of their size and type.
The goal of video marketing is to follow consistency is video uploads and to build the subscriber base.
YouTube is one of the best platforms for marketing the business.
This platform ensures broader reach and is accessed by a large number of users across the globe.
What is a YouTube audit?
A YouTube audit is an analysis of your channel to identify weaknesses and strengths.
A YouTube audit is a way to make sure that your channel is running at its full potential. It’s important to have an SEO strategy in place to make your videos more likely to be seen by viewers.
A YouTube audit is a thorough analysis of your videos that helps you understand the strengths and weaknesses of every video. It’s an excellent way to track your growth over time and make improvements based on what works best for your audience.
A YouTube audit is an in-depth analysis of a channel’s performance. Using the audit, you’ll get recommendations on how to improve your videos.
A YouTube audit is a way to make your YouTube channel more professional and engaging. This includes but isn’t limited to: improving your description, making thumbnails for each of your videos, and adding captions.
Why audit your YouTube Channel?
Analyze your YouTube channel so you can work on improving it.
By auditing your YouTube channel, you can ensure that you’re maximizing your business’s traffic and income potential. This is important for growing a successful company because people need to know about it.
Auditing your YouTube channel is a great way to make sure that you’re on track. It’s easy! You just have to follow the steps in this article, and you’ll be done in no time.
There are a lot of reasons to audit your YouTube channel. Some businesses like to make sure that their videos display correctly on mobile phones, while others want to know how many people have subscribed or watched their content.
Running a channel on YouTube is like running any other business. You want to make sure that your profits are as high as possible and you don’t run into any problems in the future.
What does a YouTube Audit contain?
A YouTube Audit is a tool that helps channel owners improve the performance of their videos. This allows them to rank higher on search results and increase views.
An audit is like a report that outlines the strengths and weaknesses of your YouTube channel. It also covers watch time, subscribers gained video views, and more in an easy-to-read format.
A YouTube audit is a must-have for any channel. It’s the first and most important step to creating an appealing brand on YouTube.
A YouTube Audit contains several important metrics that can help you get more views, subscribers and increase the overall performance of your channel.
A YouTube audit provides a comprehensive analysis of your channel and helps you improve it by suggesting changes.
Why Do You Need it and How to Do it
- Using YouTube for video marketing is easy and can be done without spending money.
- We can find YouTube channels of many brands and businesses.
- After starting a YouTube channel, videos are uploaded regularly to reach the target audience and to increase the subscriber base.
- The video collection is accumulated over time. A time comes when it becomes essential to step back and check the value of each of these videos to the channel.
- You have to know how each of these assets is supporting the video marketing goal of the brands.
- YouTube channel content audit helps to keep it organized and affecting.
Why is YouTube Channel Content Audit Important ?
It is essential to see what is working and what is not working on the YouTube channel is important because it enables to adjust the content strategy.
The main metrics to be understood are the number of subscribers and number of views, views and engagement, unique views and whether the titles of the videos are long and others.
Evaluating the said things and other things such as channel art featured channel, etc will help in the channel growth
How to audit YouTube channel content?
- The process of auditing the YouTube channel content cannot be automated.
- It is needed to look at various areas of the video pages and improve them. The channel page needs to be assessed first, then the video pages.
- YouTube analytics can help to see how the channel content is performing.
- The analytics will show the best performing videos, and the views like and dislikes the video content is getting and also the duration for which the videos are watched.
- These insights can give a picture of what the audiences are engaging and what type of content is not being received well by the audience.
- Based on this more content in line with the best performing content can be created.
- After auditing the channel content, think about how well the future content can be created to get more subscriptions.
- Research and find what topics on YouTube are performing well. Also, check the channels of the competitors in your niche.
- Do not copy their content or ideas but get inspiration from them. Try to find what the users are searching for.
- If the YouTube videos are going to be given more importance in the marketing strategy, the YouTube video content that is already there in the channel has to be analyzed before creating new content.
- A professional consultant can help with a more in-depth audit of the existing content.
Tips to perform YouTube channel content
Before beginning the YouTube channel content audit, first, consider if the videos assets are helping to reach the goals.
- Then outline the criteria based on which the video content is going to be assessed. Check how the audience is engaging with the material.
- Determine the requirements to display or send old videos to an archive.
- Have the list of all your video content in an excel sheet. Write down the titles, date of publishing the videos, the topic, category, total views, tags, etc.
- After carefully analyzing each piece of the content, decide whether it is going to be kept, archived, or promoted.
- Also, check the total number of views in your account and divide this by the total number of videos in your channel to see how many average aspects each of the videos are getting.
- This helps in understanding how the content is performing on the whole. If they are not getting enough views, promote them through the advanced video options of YouTube or share the channel link of video links on your blogs and social media pages.
- Sort the list of most viewed videos in the channel.
- These indicate what kind of content the audience likes to see on the YouTube channel.
- The least performing videos mean what does not work well. It might be difficult to understand why some videos perform better and why some do not.
- There could be many reasons why they are not playing well, one of the ideas might be they are being promoted to the wrong audience.
- It is essential to evaluate the YouTube channel content regularly to boost the growth of the channel and to get some subscribers and views.
- To make a YouTube channel successful, one has to pay attention to a few things. Know the target audience.
- Research what the audience wants to watch. Upload content consistently. Consistency is crucial to engage the audience.
- Evaluate the channel and the content regularly. Check the analytics.
- Keep an eye on important metrics such as real-time views, watch time, audience retention, traffic resources, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization is not sufficient to bring traffic for YouTube.
- Auditing the content is essential and provides many benefits.
- Professional channel auditors assess the videos uploaded, lead generation, calls to action, links, the frequency of updates, etc.
- They can also advise on how to promote, optimize the channel as a whole and also each of the videos.
YouTube channel content audit can be used to find the channel performance through the evaluation of the content. The YouTube creators must consider the earlier mentioned content audit metrics to find updated content strategies.
If you want to do an Advanced YouTube Channel Audit Report: For more details contact us at [email protected]
The Step By Step Guide to YouTube Channel Audit
YouTube is undoubtedly today’s leading online channel. The importance of this channel further increased, and it is evident from the fact that YouTube has uploads more than 100 hours of video every minute. Today YouTube can offer vast information on varied subjects including that of entertainment, science, health, education whatnot.
For a digital marketer, it needed that he can use this all the more powerful channel YouTube for the promotion of his product/service. The yardstick to measure the success of his ad campaign is channel audit. Audits provide third assurance (that the content is free from material misstatement) to stakeholders, including the ad campaigners, video watchers, etc. Audits will also be assessing the case studies, lead generation, credibility issues, the frequency of updates, etc.
The best way to ensure successful ad campaign is by using ‘video SEO. Search engine optimization has always been playing an important role in providing online information.
Who is the channel auditor?
- An auditor is a person/company who is intended to perform some or all the following activities for the general well-being of the video watchers.
- Lead generation through the ad campaign.
- Credibility or the past performance of the campaigner/marketer.
- Identify missing video content, if any. In some rare cases, the marketer might by oversight avoid/miss some content of the video. Some of the omissions might be critical for the campaign and hence the auditor tries to advise the marketer on video omissions.
- The frequency of updates as and when there are changes in the content.
- Assess calls to action which is the ultimate purpose of any ad campaign.
- The ultimate objectives of this audit system are that the company is able to improve its performance in relation to the quality of the product and then deliver best practice guidelines and also increase viewership and profitability.
How to Increase YouTube Channel Traffic By 200% Using Channel Audit
According to YouTube, there are more than 100 hours of video uploaded to the site every minute. Considering the deluge of content you have to compete with on YouTube, the obvious question is: ” How do you get people to watch YOUR video instead of the millions of others?” The answer? Video SEO. I bet that most of your competition lazily upload their videos and hopes that one of them ” goes viral.” Video SEO rarely (if ever) works out. But if you take the time to optimize your videos for SEO, you’ll get significantly more traffic than your competitors.
But, the SEO strategy itself isn’t sufficient to drive or increase YouTube traffic towards a particular channel. Here’s where the concept of Audit needs to introduce. Auditing has become such a ubiquitous phenomenon in the corporate and the public sector that academics started identifying an ” Audit Society.” The auditor perceives and recognizes the propositions before him/her for examination, obtains evidence, evaluates the same, and formulates an opinion by his judgment, which is communicated through his audit report. Any subject matter may audit. Audits provide third-party assurance to various stakeholders that the subject matter is free from material misstatement.
But how does this appeal to YouTube channels? Here’s what you’re missing. A typical YouTube audit service provided by a company assesses the impact of the branding and design of your channel, main banners, thumbnails and icons, the structure of playlists, titles, and ease of use. They will also assess
- The videos already loaded on to the channel
- Case studies
- Product and service visualisation
- Lead generation
- How to guides / product support
- Assess elevator pitch video content (if present)
- Identify missing video content
- Assess calls to action, annotations and links
- Frequency of updates
- Scheduling and event driven content.
Once the audit is done, the company then delivers best practice guidelines for promotion, programming, optimization, community, and for the channel as a whole, all to improve discoverability and increase viewer ship and profitability.
Advanced YouTube Channel Audit Steps
- Check your video titles and descriptions for SEO keywords
- Optimize your videos with tags, categories, and annotations
- Add a custom thumbnail to each video
- Keep the length of all videos under 3 minutes or more than 10 minutes
- Create an end slate that includes your name, website URL, email address, social media links
- Check the channel’s settings
- Review the video and subscriber counts
- Look at engagement levels, including likes, shares, comments, and views
- Make sure all videos are set to public or unlisted on YouTube
- Check your account for any spam or copyright violations
- Check your analytics to see how many people are watching your videos and what they’re clicking on
- Make sure you have a banner that is eye-catching, professional-looking and includes the name of your channel
- Use keywords in descriptions for all of your videos so YouTube can better rank them in search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Add links back to other channels or websites from which you get traffic, such as social media profiles or blogs where you write about topics related to yours
- Write blog posts with helpful information related to what you do on YouTube and link back to those posts within the video description
- Make sure all your videos have a title and description
- Check to make sure you’re in the right category for each video
- Add tags to every video so people can find them more easily
- Clean up any old videos that are no longer relevant or interesting
- Check subscriber count
- Check views and watch time per video
- Check comments, likes, dislikes, and shares on videos
- Look at the content of your older videos to see what viewers are responding to best
- Take inventory of your YouTube channel
- Check the quality of your videos and optimize them for better performance
- Optimize titles, descriptions, tags, and subtitles to get more views
- Remove any duplicate videos on your channel (if applicable)
- Make sure you are following all YouTube’s Community Guidelines to avoid getting penalized or banned from the site
- Find you’re most popular videos
- Check for keywords in the titles and descriptions of your videos
- Assess the quality of your video content, including production value, length, and frequency
- Make sure your YouTube channel is set up with the correct settings
- Check to see if you’re missing any important tags in your video titles
- Review your videos and make sure they all have a title, description, tags, and category assigned to them
- Ensure that you have an intro and outro for every video on your channel
- Check your tags and titles for misspellings or errors
- Update the cover image to include a thumbnail of the video you are going to upload
- Create a custom banner that will be used as the profile picture on your channel page
- Add links in the description box for any other social media accounts where you post videos, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., so people can find them easily when they visit your YouTube channel
- Choose an appropriate category for each video. Some categories are more popular than others and may have more viewers or subscribers who would like what you’re posting
- Review the YouTube channel’s video content to see if it matches your target audience
- Check the number of subscribers and views on each video for a sense of how popular it is
- Look at the comments section to see what people are saying about your videos, both good and bad
- Check out other channels that have similar content or style as yours but with more views/subscribers than you
- Consider making a new channel with different content that might be more appealing to viewers
General YouTube Channel Best Practices
- Include a link to your YouTube channel in the video description
- Use keywords and tags to help people find you
- Upload a thumbnail that is eye-catching but not too distracting from the content of the video
- Make sure your videos are at least 10 minutes long so ads on YouTube can monetize them
- Create playlists if you have multiple videos about one topic
- Use a business email address for your YouTube channel
- Create an about page to tell viewers who you are and what they can expect from your videos
- Upload high-quality content that is engaging, informative, and relevant to the topic of your channel
- Keep your video descriptions short and include keywords that will help people find them on YouTube or in search engines
- Include tags in the description so people can easily find related videos on topics that interest them
- Create a catchy title for your video
- Use tags to help people find your videos
- Include a short description of the video in the YouTube upload form
- Add subtitles so viewers can read along with you if they don’t speak English as their first language
- Upload high quality, HD footage that is at least 720p or higher resolution
- Upload videos regularly and consistently
- Make sure your videos are fascinating to watch- add music, visual effects, or text
- Use annotations to link viewers to other videos on your channel or products you’re selling
- Connect with other YouTubers by commenting on their channels and leaving comments on their video descriptions
- Keep your video descriptions short and to the point
- Include a link to your website or social media in the description
- Use thumbnails that are eye-catching and include text with them, if possible
- Make sure you have enough storage space on your computer for all of your videos
- Include a call to action at the end of each video
These are the facts that no one knows and by implementing these strategies there might be a chance of getting unpredictable traffic with millions of views.