If you’re an avid watcher of streaming content, you know that the technology behind it is constantly changing and growing. From improving video quality to adding new features, developers are continually working to make the viewing experience better. Here are some of the best video and OTT technologies to watch.
OTT providers are always looking for ways to improve the viewing experience and keep up with the latest technology. Here are some of the best video and OTT technologies to watch.
Virtual Reality (VR) can provide an immersive viewing experience that feels like you’re right in the action. It is excellent for sports, concerts, and other live events.
4K Ultra HD provides a high-resolution picture that is four times better than 1080p HD. It’s perfect for watching movies or TV shows on larger screens.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) improves image quality by providing a more comprehensive range of colors and brightness levels. It creates a more realistic picture with enhanced contrast and greater detail. Ambient Lighting creates an immersive lighting environment that makes you feel like you’re there. It can simulate different times of the day or outdoor scenes.
The market for Over-The-Top (OTT) services is growing exponentially, and with that growth comes new and innovative technologies. Whether you’re a content creator, service provider, or end user, you must be aware of the latest video tech trends to stay ahead of the curve. We’ll highlight some of the best technologies to watch out for in OTT.
Best Technologies in Watching for in Video Tech and OTT
Some of the best tech to keep an eye on in the video and OTT space include:
Higher Quality Video:
One of the main priorities for developers is increasing video quality. There are already several ways to improve image resolution, such as 4K and HDR support. We can expect even more advancements in this area shortly.
More Interactive Features:
Another trend we’re seeing is an increased focus on interactive features. It includes allowing viewers to control how they watch their shows and adding social elements that let them connect with others who share their interests.
Finally, one of the top goals for developers is to expand reach by making content available on more devices and platforms. It includes everything from traditional TVs to newer platforms like virtual reality headsets. We can expect more options for watching our favorite shows and movies as technology advances.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) and 4K UHD (Ultra HD) adoption for a more immersive experience, Targeted media server delivery for individualized streaming content, GPU-accelerated transcoding for faster, more efficient workflows, Emerging customer experience management tools to help optimize the user journey.
4K and 8K Video Support:
With more and more devices supporting higher resolution displays, it’s an event of time before 4K, and 8K video content becomes more widely available. Keep an eye out for these new formats in the coming years. It is a considerable development in video quality, offering four times the resolution of HD video. It’s perfect for large format screens and provides an immersive experience that makes you feel right in the middle of the action. 4K and 8K resolutions are becoming increasingly popular in the video, providing an incredibly sharp and lifelike image.
The ultra-high definition is becoming increasingly popular as more TVs and devices come equipped with the necessary resolution to support it. 4K provides four times the resolution of traditional 1080p HD, resulting in a crisper, more detailed image.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Support:
HDR is becoming more common in video content and significantly improves over the standard dynamic range. Watch HDR-enabled devices and content if you’re looking for the best picture quality. This Extended Dynamic Range (EDR) feature allows for even more realistic colors and an enhanced contrast range, making HDR TVs some of the most visually striking models on the market today. High dynamic range (HDR) is another increasingly common technology that provides a broader range of colors and brighter images.
High Dynamic Range imaging is the most talked-about new technology in video right now. It promises a much richer, more realistic viewing experience by providing more excellent contrast between light and dark areas of an image.
- Advanced Audio Codecs: Many advanced audio codecs are starting to become available that offer significant improvements over traditional audio codecs. For the best sound quality, look for devices that support these newer codecs.
- Object-Based Audio: Object-based audio is a new technology that allows for a much more immersive sound experience. For the best sound quality, look for devices supporting object-based audio. The next-generation audio technology allows for a truly immersive soundscape, with different sounds placed all around you in three-dimensional space. Object tracking is a new technology that has develops for use in video production. The technology allows objects to track, and moving camera shots stabilizes automatically.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning. The technology is becoming more and more common in video content recommendation engines.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. These technologies are providing new ways for people to experience video content.
- 5G connectivity. This new generation of wireless technology enables higher speeds and lower latency, which is ideal for streaming video content.
- Blockchain. This distributed ledger technology can potentially improve security and transparency in the video industry.
- AI-powered video production. The technology is more common as it allows for more personalization and scale in video production.
- OTT video advertising. It is a growing field as brands look to reach cord-cutters and streamers through targeted ads.
- VR and 360 immersive video technologies continue growing in popularity, especially in the gaming and entertainment industries.
- Virtual Reality is increasingly realistic and poised to change how we experience entertainment content.
- Augmented Reality is also making strides, and it has the potential to transform how we interact with the world around us.
- 5G connectivity is going to revolutionize how we stream content and could provide a significant boost to VR and AR technology.
- Virtual Reality is one of the most talked-about innovations in video tech. It can completely change how we experience films and other video content.
- Augmented Reality is another cutting-edge technology gaining traction in the video tech industry. This technology allows users to augment their Reality with digital content, providing a unique and immersive experience.
- 360° video: This immersive format has been gaining popularity in recent years, thanks to its ability to give viewers a true sense of presence in the filmed scene. With 360° video, you can look around in all directions and feel like you’re there.
- VR: Virtual Reality is a rapidly growing technology that allows users to completely immerse themselves in a digital environment. By wearing a head-mounted display, viewers can view 3D videos and interactive experiences that put them right inside the action.
AI and machine learning: With AI and machine learning becoming more prevalent, it’s becoming easier for companies to personalize their content for each viewer. This results in a better user experience and increased engagement.
It’s an exciting time for video technology, and we believe that over-the-top platforms are the future of television.
Contact us if you agree and want to ensure your business is ready for this growing trend. Our team of experts helps you assess your needs and choose the right OTT platform for your company.
With so many options, it is tricky to decide which is best for you, but our years of experience will ensure that you make the right decision for your business.