Table of Contents Hide
Google Duo is a high-quality video calling application introduced by Google. It is one of the best video chatting for Android users, iOS, tablets, and the Web. Let’s check out the Tips and Tricks we want to share with all Google Duo users.
50 Google Duo Tips and Tricks for Better Video Calls
- Use the knock-knock preview option for incoming video calling.
- Make sure to encrypt the video call if there are private calls.
- Before starting the group, video calling, connect with high internet speed, i.e., 5G. Google Duo allows group calling of eight persons.
- You can not add or invite people during an ongoing call. Make sure to disconnect the call and create a new group to call.
- If you are in a group call with two persons, it splits the screen into two parts instead of the entire screen.
- When you are video calling, you will get a small thumbnail for yourself and a full screen of another end to get the best capture from other lots.
- It is best for video messaging instead of text messaging. Use the best smart devices for recording HD-quality videos to share.
- If your friends and family are not in online chat, leave a messaging the form Video message, text messaging, or else by sending a recorded video.
- More and more people are having fun with friends via Google Duo video-watching parties. Be with your friends during virtual happy hours.
- Google Duo allows people to create a video conference with up to eight people, which is not permitted through other apps.
- Just use the quick filters and self-screen efforts to create unique selfie videos.
- Google Duo is fiercely competing with Apple’s FaceTime exclusively for iOS users. At the same time, Google Duo is for both Android and IOS users.
- Google recently rolled out essential features like calling with your email id.
- You can make video calls with an email id or a new Google Duo email contacting option.
- Enable the low light mode for better video calling. This feature allows you to see the person on the other end more clearly.
- Please tap on the low light mode option on the left side of the screen; it will give you a brighter tone to your screen.
- Make use of the Google Duo web feature for official video meetings. It is just a straightforward process in minutes.
- Use the “Delete Duo history?” feature to delete individual chat history. It brings more privacy.
- You can make calls through Google Home Mini Devices or from Google Home.
- Use a direct video messaging option without calling that person first.
- Record the 30 seconds voice recording and send it as a vice messaging via Google Duo.
- Accessing the voice recorder from the Google Duo screen is pretty straightforward.
- One of the great things about Google Duo, you can make one-to-one video calls from any web browser. Don’t miss to use this option.
- Google Duo users must know this Data saving mode, which limits their data usage. It s helpful if you have low WIFI signals.
- Multitasking allows users to do their work by swiping out and navigating around their phone’s small picture-in-picture window that follows them.
- As an Android phone user, you can make calls through google duo call history.
- Google Duo notifications option is overloaded with several options such as calls, messages, and other settings.
- Make a video and voice call from the Google Duo dialer options.
- Google Duo has allowed you to set call reminders if you forget to make important calls. The UI is identical and straightforward to use.
- While on a video call, just a single tap can quickly switch between the front and rare cameras.
- Dark Mode is a system setting available on Android 10 and several phones a few years before.
- Under the Duo settings, choose theme mode as you require among light, dark, and system default modes.
- Tap and hold on to the contact to remove the recent contacts.
- Limit your mobile data usage. Just toggle the Limit Mobile Data usage option.
- They are enabling the knock-knock option to see the face of the caller before answering.
- Toggle on the knock-knock from the bottom of the Google Duo screen.
- Google Duo shows recently contacted people at the bottom of the screen. History does not show the time and call duration.
- If you want to know the detailed call log, open the phone app or dialer on your device.
- If you want to see the download of the Duo app history, dig into the setting by selecting the Help and Feedback option.
- Export the call history from the Google Duo app and share it through the other apps.
- Just tap on the mute option instead of ending the call. Simply mute the call for a while. It applies to both audio and video calls.
- To view your video on the entire screen, tap the video box and revert to see the smaller box.
- Would you like to Move your picture on the window by just dragging the image to the window?
- To turn off the Duo calls, go to the Google Duo setting and select App Preview Messaging.
- To block the frustrated caller in your Google Duo contact list, press and hold the contact to block the number.
- Just tap on the mic to mute your voice so that the other side of the person does not listen to your voice.
- Use the other apps while on a video call; return to the home screen. Video call automatically shrinks down to a small window.
- If you don’t want to use the Google Duo account, tap on the Remove Google Account from the Duo and tap on the Remove option once again.
- Google Duo video and audio calling is more secure because Duo calls and chats are end-to-end encrypted.
- Anyone wants to sign out of Google Duo or delete the account to leave services temporarily.
Getting Started Guide to Google Video-Calling App Duo
Google kept its promise. Its promise to offer a video calling app became a reality on 15th August 2016. Though it is initially available for select regions, the app DUO is scheduled to be available globally in a phased manner. The Duo is an app (available across various operating systems) available at the play store for download, and the best part of the story is that downloading and using is free.
The video calling immediately created doubts in some analysts regarding security, and Google quickly confirmed that all calls are encrypted end-to-end. Hence, they are secure.No unauthorized person can listen to these conversations. Now that the DUO is quite interesting for prospective users, given below is the step-by-step process to download, install, configure, and use the DUO.
• Open the play store
• Search Google Duo.
• Click on the Install button.
• Downloading & installation is over.
• After installation, click on the open button on the DUO icon.
• Accept the conditions.
• Accord all permissions as prompted by the app.
• Verify your mobile number.
• Select the country (it is not selected and shown automatically) and enter the mobile number in the space provided.
• Verify the code (it will be entered automatically).
Use of DUO:
• Once DUO is installed on your mobile, click on the icon.
• On the app getting launched, your face will appear on the screen.
• Initiate the video call
• Select the contact (from the drop-down list of contacts).
• Start video calling.
As always, Google kept the whole process (of video calling through DUO) very simple regarding installation, configuration, and usage. Now that the app will be available to the world shortly, the callers will be thrilled to use DUO.
Despite the hue and cry about DUO, there are still certain limitations that are affecting the performance of DUO.
Best Ways to Use Google Video-Calling App Duo
After waiting more than three months, Google promised to offer a video calling app. This 15th of August is one of the best days in the history of Google and its numerous users. This dit marked the launch of the video calling app by Google, i.e., DUO. The Google Video-Calling App Duo will give the best experience compared to other apps.
The big bang comes with a catch. The facility is immediately available for users in select countries (Google promises to extend the facility to the rest of the world very soon). Another limitation of DUO, i.e., that the video call can be connected to two persons (one-to-one), but both persons should have this app installed on their smartphone. Of course, Google has been able to offer this app for both Android & iOS as well.
Initial reports indicated that the app is the super-duper hit because of the simple procedures involved in installing and using this app. An app is mobile number based and does not have a separate user id or password. Because of the simplicity offered by DUO, the app could lead the leaderboard in both Android & iOS.
A brief comparison of DUO vs. others offering similar products indicates the following:
• Competitors for DUO (from Google) include Messenger (from FB), FaceTime (from Apple) & Skype (Microsoft).
• While Duo supports platforms like (iOS & Android), Skype beats the competition as it helps the maximum media, including Android, Windows 10, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Amazon Fire, Linux, macOS, TVs, Xbox One, etc.
• DUO is not offering group video calling, whereas Skype & Messenger can provide this feature.
• DUO is beating the competition with its shortly coming feature of ‘voice only calls.’
In the first instance, Google placed the app (Duo) at the primary stage, but the company has been able to substantiate its action. The duo is straightforward, and the downloading and operation are hassle-free. As the initial reports gave huge thumbs up for the app, there are increased expectations about the modifications to the app in the time to come.
Google Duo is the new trending app from Google, and it is the most exciting app that has been born from the world’s stunning search engine Google.’ Using this app gives you an idea of how Google Due differs from other running apps.
Regarding video calling on Google Duo, it competes with Whats app, FaceTime, and other apps. It is pre-installed in Android and IOS as well. Google mobile video chat and calling are available on iOS and Android platforms. This platform will be accessible t Google browsers. Hopefully, you will learn something new from the Google Duo Tips and Tricks above.