Table of Contents Hide
Instagram live videos are a fun new way to connect with your followers, but what happens when the live stream is over? This blog post will show you how to download and save Instagram live videos so you can keep them forever! Keep reading for instructions.
Did you know that Instagram live videos are automatically saved as videos on your phone after the live broadcast ends? This blog post will show you how to download and save Instagram live videos. Keep reading to learn more!
Different Processes to Download & Save Instagram Live Videos
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to someone’s profile and tap “Go Live” on their page.
- Tap “Live Video” as the type of post.
- Optionally, place a comment before or after entering a comment for audience members to see as they watch your video.
- Tap “Start Live Video” at the bottom of this section to start broadcasting live video from your device’s camera.
- Start with a countdown if you want people to join along with you, then make sure they know what hashtag you’ll be using throughout your broadcast by entering it in the space below “Add Hashtags.” If applicable, choose where you want your live video.
Downloading an Instagram live video is relatively easy. When the live video ends, the thumbnail on your feed switches to a small playback arrow (it’s located next to the recording button). Tap on that and then follow these steps:
- Tap “Copy Link” and paste the link into another window for safekeeping.
- Switch to Safari and go to instagramlive-downloader.com/
- Copy and paste it in (without https before it), and press enters or click “Start.” This will prompt you with three ways of downloading videos from Instagram Live.
- You can choose whichever file type you need and set different hashing options for those who need more security than just downloading.
Several apps can help you save Instagram live videos. The two most popular apps, Save Instagram and Instagram Stories Downloader work.
Open the iPhone app store and search for Save Instagram in the search bar at the bottom of your screen. You will then be directed to a page for this specific app that you may click on to download onto your phone.
It is free and has no ads (though an optional in-app purchase is available with additional features). Launch the application and enter what you’re looking for in the text box on top of your screen. If someone’s username appears automatically after searching their name, click on who you want from there.
There is a solution to this problem. If you need to download Instagram live videos or save Instagram live videos on Windows or Mac computer, all you have to do is install the free video downloading software called Vplay. With Vplay installed on your computer, all of your latest and past private videos will be ready for viewing whenever you want them.
- Download the particular Instagram app for Android or iPhone.
- Search for “IGTV” in the app store, find it in the search results, and download it.
- It asks you to log in with your Instagram account. Select “REDEEM CODE.” Enter code. Logging into my account is also required when using IGTV on web browsers like Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Edge too which are all mobile browsers that allow mobile apps through their browser windows.
After logging in once with your Instagram account sign out again after entering the code to redeem content within IGTV on web browsers). You will automatically be logged back in when opening either an iOS or Android version.
- Search for the Instagram story you want to download, then tap on it.
- Tap on the downward-pointing arrow in the top right of your screen, which is where all of your saved videos and photos are listed.
- Click on “download video” at the bottom of the next panel that appears after opening a story.
- Wait a few seconds while Instagram transcodes and saves your video to your gallery or downloads folder, depending on what phone you have.
You can download and save Instagram videos to your device, but you need to do so within the app before the broadcast has finished.
You can do this by tapping on the Download icon at the top of your screen and following the steps after that. Once you have successfully downloaded a video, it will remain in that position as long as you keep it there.
However, if you delete that video from this page or another location on your phone, then it will effectively be lost forever unless someone else downloads it again to their phone first.
You can’t download an Instagram live video without having to connect to Wi-Fi or turning off Data Roaming on your device.
InstaDownloader is the best option for downloading Instagram Live videos. Although it’s not free, InstaDownloader offers a free trial, so you can try it before you buy. Unfortunately, there are no other options for this particular task. If you know of any other apps that could help with this, let us know in the comments below!
But for now, I’d advise downloading an app that would show the video on your phone. Most phones have one or two preloaded on them already, and then save it on your phone. Some good ones are GoodPlayer and MX Player. To find out how to use these apps, ask someone at your local library or Apple Store.
With Instagram Live, you can stream your event live to the world. This is perfect for marketing events like tradeshows or conferences taking place in real-time. however, once the broadcast ends, it’s gone forever. Luckily there are some ways to save and share your video with others after it’s finished broadcasting below. We’ll explore 3 of them!
If you’re looking for help setting up an effective social media strategy, contact our team today. We’ve got all sorts of tips on using different platforms effectively, so don’t hesitate to reach out if this article piqued your interest!