Table of Contents Hide
- Amazon Prime Video Introduction
- How to set up an Amazon Prime Video Profile
- How to find your Favorite videos
- How to check and set the video quality
- How to download content to watch offline
- How to Build a Watchlist
- How to edit your watch history
- How to turn off Autoplay
- How to customize subtitles
- How to find extras with X-Ray
There is no doubt that the king of streaming video is Netflix. The Company had serious competition from Amazon Prime Video service in recent years. Depending on your location, Amazon Prime Video might have better content than other OTT streaming platforms. As Video streaming becomes even more mainstream, the OTT services are locked in an epic battle for your living room.
Amazon Prime Video Introduction
Amazon Prime Video is more like any other video streaming platform that continuously adds new video content. Amazon Prime is a premium subscription service that gives Amazon shoppers a variety of perks. Regular Amazon premium subscription charges are $119 per year. Amazon offers exclusive discounts for its subscribers.
Amazon Prime video key offers free two-day shipping on over 100 million eligible items. Amazon Prime includes Prime Instant Videos, Movies, and TV shows. Amazon Prime includes Prime Music and is less expensive than ad-free Apple Music, Spotify, and Google Play subscriptions.
How to set up an Amazon Prime Video Profile
Amazon Prime Video is starting to roll out support for up to six user profiles, including a primary profile and five additional adult or child profiles.
The new Amazon Prime Video Profile Picker appears on the top-right corner of the homepage, and you can choose the country.
Prime Video support page describes that each profile offers watch history, separate recommendations, yearly progress, and watch list videos based on your previous viewing activity.
Amazon Prime Video users can create and manage Prime Video viewer profiles depending on their devices on the Web, Android, and iOS versions of the Prime Video app.
Amazon Prime gives you additional benefits that allow you to share your Prime benefits with one adult and up to four kids.
- Just add the members to your primary profiles.
- Open My Stuff from the bottom bar of the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Tap the Plus or ‘+’ icon to create a new profile.
- These same steps can be applied to Prime Video on Amazon’s Fire tablets.
How to find your Favorite videos
Amazon Prime lets you watch on-demand videos through web browsers, SMA, phones, and tablet apps.
Regardless of any device, first, you must have Amazon Prime video login details to access the account.
The Prime content on the account is labeled as blue, with a free watch on the Prime Account.
If you use a computer, search for the Titles you want to watch and hit the Play button.
You can just hit the Pause button and continue that later. So, you cannot lose progress.
If you use a smartphone or Tablet app, follow the same procedure to watch the Movies. Here, you have the benefit of downloading for offline use.
If you use connected TV devices, you can stream with various alternatives to Chromecast devices and follow the same process to watch your favorite content.
How to check and set the video quality
Is your Amazon Prime video quality inferior? Sometimes, it will look 480p or lower than that, even though you selected the high-quality video settings. Do follow this step.
- First, Sign In to your Amazon Prime Video account.
- Move on to the “Settings” and Choose the Streams and Downloads option from that.
- It will display a list of options to choose the streaming quality.
- Select the “Stream Quality “option.
- Just tap on the “Best” quality streaming option among good, better, and data saver from the device.
- The best “Best “is used at about 6.84GB per hour.
- By default setting, it will show as “data saver” mode; suddenly, you lose the connection at that time, and you can stream this Video.
How to download content to watch offline
Amazon Prime Video recently added the choice to download videos from the catalog using the Amazon Video App on Android and iOS devices. Downloading content offline is a significant new development for anyone trying to avoid the airlines’ unreliable, limited, or non-existent in-flight entertainment.
Downloading was only available on Kindle Fire HDX tablets previously. But now, you can download videos on any Android or iOS device.
This option can be played only through the Amazon Prime app and will disappear after a certain period after it completes playing.
Steps to Follow To download the videos
- To watch movies, browse the Titles. You can download them immediately if they are with the Amazon Prime package.
- Once the Movie is ready, find the “Download” button and download it to your device.
- To watch TV shows, you must download them as a season.
- You can find the Download option next to every series.
- You will get a prompt message on how big you want to download; it depends on the storage capacity.
- Follow Amazon’s terms of service prohibit the use of a VPN.
- Downloading videos has no such restriction.
- You could watch them at any time offline.
How to Build a Watchlist
A watchlist is a way to make a note of videos you may want to watch later on your Kindle Fire HDX. It is hard to keep up with all the content in one place. Sometimes, you find engaging content you don’t have time to watch. Here is the feature watchlist that comes in handy.
When you add your Movies or TV shows to your Watchlist, it shows in two categories. Here are the steps on how to add any video to your Watchlist.
- Go to Amazon Prime video store and tap and hold the Video for a second.
- A pop-up menu appears with a lot of options.
- Just tap on the Add to Watchlist to add videos to your Watchlist.
How to edit your watch history
Amazon Prime Video stores save your watch history by improving recommendations if any show or Film you dislike has appeared on your screen. Now it’s time to clear your watch history.
Follow these simple steps below to manage your Amazon Prime video watch history.
- First, open your Amazon Prime video app on your device.
- Sign In to your Amazon Prime account with valid credentials.
- Next, go to account & settings.
- You will find options such as “watch history” as the last option, and Tap on it there.
- Clear the history by clicking on the X mark beside your link.
How to turn off Autoplay
The Autoplay feature enables Amazon Prime to play the next episode in a series or the next Movie from your Watchlist.
If you find it hard to control the binge-watching urge, would you like to turn this feature off? Amazon Prime Video offers you to contains the turn-off Autoplay.
- You can find the “Auto Play” toggle on the Settings on Android devices.
- You can find options on the Amazon Prime website under Account & Settings.
- Just click “Playback,” and using this Amazon Prime Video settings is good.
- To turn off the Autoplay option while going to the Video Settings. Choose Player Preferences.
How to customize subtitles
Adding subtitles can still be helpful even if you do not have challenging hearing problems. Many people know this feature is essential to improve their video views. Amazon Prime Video allows the viewers to customize the way the subtitles look. It’s as simple as going to your Prime Video settings page to customize their look. Follow the below steps to customize.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your device.
- Log in with the proper credentials and Pick an episode or Movie you want to watch.
- Just Tap on the screen to bring controls on the net.
- Next, click on the speech bubble icon on the top right.
- Choose any option available in the left column that is titled Subtitles.
- Select the subtitles and language from the menu to customize the subtitles and language.
How to find extras with X-Ray
Amazon is the most popular Movies site among the OTT services on the Web. Amazon has found a new way to leverage film information, the website that offers extra content on Amazon Prime Video. Amazon itself calls this feature ‘X-Ray.’
X-Ray feature allows the audience to see additional information about the Film apart from the Titles, such as the director, actor, and other information about the content they are watching.
It will appear on the screen with Prime Video and help enrich the viewer’s knowledge about that Video. Depending on their platform, you can access this X-Ray feature in various Prime Video apps.
- To access X-Ray content in your Amazon Prime Video
- First, Tap on your tablet screen.
Then click the “up” arrow on your TV remote if you use the computer. Just move your cursor while the Video is playing.
- Cast and characters: It identifies actors in some of our movies and series and the characters.
- Trivia: It places interesting trivia at specific time points for customers while they watch
- Bonus content: Bonus video content is meant to explore the entertainment. It includes behind-the-scenes high-resolution stills, set designs, and concept art.
You don’t need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to access the content on Amazon Prime Video, but these tips will help Amazon Prime Video users. Without any monthly payment, you can still rent and buy Movies or TV shows on a pay-as-you-go basis. We found the above Amazon Prime Video tips and tricks to improve your experience.